3.4
Coverage Area

We had a couple horrible experiences at this location. I just got married and my wife has been a Verizon customer for years, so I left Sprint to join her as a first time Verizon customer.

We went to the store and Aaron served us. We got there and received a pleasant greeting and things were off to a great start....till we started talking about plans and options for us. He told us that INCLUDED with our phones was a $50 credit for a case, a screen protector and a car charger. He also said since it was black Friday weekend, a Google Home Mini was included for each Google Pixel phone purchased.

We thought that was great, although we already had Google Home devices and did not want/need to purchase another but why not take a free one? After verifying with him multiple times that it was all included, we made a decision to continue after being pressured by him to make a quick choice. He gave us a total due that day and told us after we asked multiple times (again) that the price was JUST taxes and fees. It seemed a little high, and after asking to verify AGAIN and receiving a bad and accusatory attitude, we just brushed it off as being too cautious.

We continued to spend the next 4 hours trying to purchase our new phones and transfer her old phone number (from another Verizon account) to our new account. We had no idea it was going to take so long. During that time, we were constantly left in the lobby with zero understanding of what was happening as Aaron left us to go to the back for extended periods of time (trying to change my wife’s number). We asked multiple workers including the manager where he was.

Still, nobody could give us a straight answer. We continued to get frustrated during those 4 hours with little communication from the store and asked to speak with a manager who also couldn't give a clear explanation of what was going on. As the night progressed, we continued to receive horrible attitudes from Aaron and the manager any time we could catch them trying to figure out what the hold up was and why nobody could explain why we had spent so long in their store. At the end of the night, my wife was forced to get a new phone number because they couldn't successfully transfer her old one.

They told us if we waited the 24 hours for everything to work that they potentially would not honor the prices that we had waited in the store for 4 hours for, pressuring us all the more to just make a decision so my wife could get her phone with the sale price and not leave empty handed after spending the whole day there (I already had my phone in my hands at this point, although it was apparently not ported properly and did not work till the following afternoon AFTER I spent hours on the phone with customer care getting them to fix it). In addition to this hassle, we were told at the beginning of this process (earlier the same day we purchased the phones) that she could do an early upgrade from her old phone free of charge if she traded it in. Instead, 4 hours later, she was told she had to pay the balance in full instead of doing an upgrade...an extra $200 expense we were not prepared to spend...all because they could not change her number. After we paid for it, the number change STILL did not work and does not to this day (yes, we’ve spent multiple hours over multiple calls attempting to get this resolved).

We left the store exhausted, but excited about our new goodies and happy that we made it through what we thought was the end of our Verizon experience. FAST FORWARD 3 days with more than 8 hours on the phone with customer service about my wife’s number and our bill, we find out that the “free” accessories and the Google Homes we were billed for. "The taxes and fees" were apparently also the cost of all the accessories worked into our first bill. We were also charged for the protection program, another $22 a month, that we did NOT want and we were not asked if we wanted it.

We returned to the store to resolve the issue, asked to speak to a manager, and Aaron (the guy we dealt with the first time who is not a manager) came to us moments later. After trying to explain what had happened and what we were led to believe, he gave us a bad attitude, said he explained everything clearly and that we understood everything the day we purchased our phones, and he could not explain where our paperwork was. We asked to speak to a manager and he refused to let us, saying she was in a meeting...although I've never heard of a store not having a manager available, especially when we were there for over a half hour and asked to speak to a manager the moment we walked in the door. BTW, when we checked in, the guy at the door said it would be just a moment till the NEXT available manager could connect with us...meaning there was more than one manager there.

Long story short, we disputed with Aaron as he continued to defend himself and claim he told us all this information and asked us all these questions that he did NOT. My wife continuously asked for him to just return all the items to which he refused and kept telling us to leave the store and go back home (15 minutes away from the store) for the paper that he lost the original to because the was our only “proof”. In the meantime, he made multiple comments alluding to him believing my wife was lying about the situation repeatedly and did not listen to any of the polite “please just return our items”. He eventually felt “uncomfortable” and handed us to another employee who did an awesome job of returning the accessories we were sold.

If you choose to shop here, please ask for an itemized list of what you are paying for and make sure you keep an eye out for your bill.

I had to spend a lot of time on the phone with Verizon’s billing who had to fix a ton of issues based on our visit to this store. Luckily our bill that was over $500 is now back down to where we were promised it was going to be...and if you’re a new customer like me who never knew what the taxes and fees were, it's under $100 for 2 customers including the activations.

Review about: Verizon Wireless Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Over the phone customer service.

I didn't like: In store experience, Hours of my time to resolve your fraudulent activity, Many mistakes, Price increase.

Comments