1.3
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I have been trying to change my DATA DATE, I send my payment off on the 5th of every month, they say they receive it on the 12th and my data ends on the 18th and turns over on the 19th?????

Talked to Verizon on Messenger, 1st I was told that I could do it 2nd I was told that my contract states that I can't do it, 3rd I was told that because we bought 2 new phones that it stated in contract of buying new phones I COULDN'T CHANGE DATA DATE????

WONDER IF EVERYONE KNOWS THAT DATA GOES FOR 31 DAYS, IF YOU TAKE 352/ 12 MONTHS IT =29.3333 PER MONTH.... THEY ARE CHARGING FOR 31 DAYS PER MONTH????? THAT IS WHY EVERYONE GOES OVER THEIR DATA PLAN, MINE IS 6GB PER MONTH FOR 3 PHONES AND IT GOES OVER THE LAST 2 MONTHS BECAUSE i'VE BEEN FIGHTING TO CHANGE MY DATA DATE, THEY WANT TO CHARGE ME FOR DOING THIS, I TRIED TO DO THIS LAST MONTH I GOT CHARGED $15 FOR .004 OVER 6gb, THAT ONE GOT CANCELLED, THIS MONTH GOT CHARGED $15 FOR .042 OVER BECAUSE " I WANT MY DATA DATE CHANGED" AS I WAS TALKING TO PEOPLE ON MESSENGER ABOUT THIS FROM VERIZON, THEY TOLD ME I GOT THE ONE CANCELLED LAST MONTH SO I CAN'T HAVE THIS ONE CANCELLED.... SO I CAN HAVE CONVERSATION IN WRITING, BECAUSE THEY LIE SO MUCH AND I WANTED PROOF OF WHAT THEY SAID TO ME..... AS I WAS TALKING TO VERIZON, IT RANG ON MY PHONE THAT I DIDN'T HAVE ANY MORE DATA LEFT AS I WAS SENDING MY INSURANCE TO ALL MY PHONES....AND TALKING TO THEM ON MESSENGER????

WE LIVE IN CARROLL COUNTY OHIO AND VERIZON HAS EVERY OTHER CELL SERVICE LOCKED OUT, ONLY NET10 AND STRAIGHT TALK , WHO RUN OFF OF VERIZON TOWERS IS WHAT WE, IN CARROLLTON, ARE ALLOWED TO HAVE A CHEAPER CELL SERVICE OR AT LEAST ONE THAT IF YOU BUY 6GB, YOU GET IT FOR EACH PHONE NOT JUST DIVIDED.... VERIZON EMPLOYEES WHO WORK ON THE LINES TOLD A BUDDY OF MINE IN BOLIVAR THAT "WE ARE NOTHING BUT FARMERS AND REDNECKS AND IT WOULD BE 'WHEN *** FROZE OVER' BEFORE WE COULD GET FIOS".... and this was a couple years ago when verizon sold all land lines to frontier.....

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. timetfobilling stated that there is a room for improvement of how your data is 31 days when calendar months are 30 days and way they have 31 days for data instead of 30. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of verizon wireless phone plan. Verizon Wireless needs to "that my data turnover will be on the 14th of the month instead of the 18th, where they are taking 30 days instead of the 31 days that they do,make data last so when it comes to the 14th it will be 30 days" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned verizon wireless phone plan in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Verizon Wireless. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Tmobile.

Had an Experience with Verizon Wireless?

Comments

Yes, the overage rate is $15/GB when you exceed your data allowance.So basically, after you have used your plan allowance, even by a single kilobyte, it forces the system to give you an extra 1GB and charge the fee.

If you are unable to change your bill cycle date, it was more than likely because you have one or more device payment agreements. This may have recently been changed so that their system will now allow it, so you may want to check if it's possible to do so now. The issue isn't about when your data renews in relation to your payment. By your description, it wouldn't matter if your allowance restarted sooner or later, as it's still going to be either a 30, 31, or 28/29 days (February) between bill cycle dates depending on the month.

Essentially, your plan allowance is slightly smaller than your usage. It may be cheaper to pay the occasional $15 overage than the $20 a month higher difference in the next higher price plan. You can turn off Cellular Data in your phone settings before you go to bed each night to prevent applications from using data in the background - you'll still receive calls or texts. Or, pay the $5 a month fee for the Family Base account feature and set data allowances on each line to avoid the higher $15 overage fee.

Reducing your usage by a few megabytes shouldn't be too hard, it just takes a little attention to detail and understanding your data habits and the options available to you via your phone settings or the...

to Anonymous #1165738

no, they use a 31 day month, doesn't matter if it has 28 days, you start the 18th you should start on the 18th EVERY MONTH, not start on 18th end on the next month 18th and start on the 19th.