Verified Reviewer

2.8

Last week I called and migrated service from pre-paid to post-paid. Cool.

I also got some good concessions, including a free $700 phone in doing so, though my bill would more than double. No problem. My new phone still hasn't arrived but Verizon, in their infinite wisdom, disconnected the pre-paid service yesterday, 08/08/2021 (paid up through 8/19/2021) leaving me with no phone. I am immuno-compromised so I do a lot of curb-side pickups and cant check-in anywhere because they HAVE TURNED OFF MY PHONE.

I didnt know my phone was off until I got to town today and couldnt check-in with the vets office to pick up my dogs medication. The vets office is closed to foot-traffic anyway and require customers to call or text from their cars. I use wi-fi at home because service wireless service is spotty at best. I rarely use my phone to call so didnt notice that the mobile service was off.

Anyway, once I got home from doing what errands I could, I started calling Verizon. And calling Verizon. And calling Verizon.

I finally got through at 6PM CST. They keep bankers hours and didnt want to deal with me.

I spoke with seven people. I told my same story over and over again. I always started with Why did you disconnect my service leaving me without service, for which I paid? The first woman checked and said, I cant even track the phone we sent you, with Fed-Ex.

They seem to have lost it. We shouldnt have disconnected you early. Yadda, Yadda, Yaddashe transferred me. Then I told my story over again to someone else.

Then I was transferred to someone else who promised to reconnect my prepaid service and she connected me to another guy who transferred me to someone else, who put me on hold and then transferred me to another person. Then it was someone in technical support I spoke with after I was transferred by someone who couldnt find a school bus in a kiddie-pool, who blatantly refused to help because:He refused to believe that my service was disconnected from the pre-paid service, though three previous techs agreed that it was disconnected on Sunday.He told me that I shouldnt be using my pre-paid phone, even though the new phone hasnt arrived yet.I couldnt confirm my identity because I couldnt respond to a series of text messages he sent to my phone (which is disconnected from Verizons service by Verizon Wireless.)He told me to take my phone to a Verizon store because it must be broken. It isnt. He finally transferred me back to the main queue and the last person I spoke with had a bad connection and told me to call back.

I did and their service kept saying, Thank you for calling Verizon. Good Bye.

User's recommendation: Verizon's customer service isn't like it used to be. They used to be awesome.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Verizon Wireless Cons: Piss-poor customer service.

Comments