Verified Reviewer

1.9

I received a huge phone bill of $216.23 versus the usual $75.72 for the month of April. Upon inquiry I was told that I made a direct call to England and spoke for 48mins.

Yes, I did make the phone call to my sister but I always call over the Whatsapp or FaceTime platforms. I called Verizon Wireless to find out if there was anything they could do. The Rep said she couldn't help me and I asked to speak to a supervisor. He also was unwilling to remove the charges based on the fact that I did place the phone call.

I asked him why I wasn't alerted by Verizon that I was placing a direct call which would incur extra charges. He said there was an alert in place, but I never received any alert or warning. He offered to place a block on international calls so this doesn't happen again.

Here's where I have a problem; why wasn't that service offered when I first signed up? Why should this be offered only after the customer has made an accidental international call and has incurred charges and is unhappy?

Secondly, why would I carelessly call direct to the UK when I have always called free on whatsapp or Facetime? Since this is the first time this has happened I was hoping that being a loyal customer Verizon will be kind enough to forgive me. The supervisor will not even entertain the idea that a system failure could have turned my free FaceTime call into a direct call.

This is not the first time I've called Verizon about a problem and have not received a satisfactory answer.

I find Verizon quite unbending in their dealings with customers. Giving me a one time waiver on this bill is such a little thing to do for a loyal customer!

User's recommendation: Ask Verizon to place blocks on all international calls. If you have stainless steel appliances Do Not go with verizon. I have very poor internet service and they tell me that's the reason.

Verizon Wireless Pros: I am able to get coverage in basements and govt office.

Verizon Wireless Cons: Nickle and dime the customer over everything.

Comments