Verified Reviewer

Update by user Feb 20, 2022

They still haven’t responded to me.

Original review posted by user Jan 21, 2022

I have been a Verizon Wireless customer since 2009. This situation that started in October 2021 and everything that has happened since then has been a total nightmare,

I bought an iPhone pro max 12; previously I had an iPhonex.

Before I traded in the iPhonex , I backed it up to my MacBook Air. In October, I went to retrieve that backup from my Mac to transfer everything to my new phone. The result was a complete nightmare! The iPhone began to run extremely slow (and this is a 5G device) , all these weird error messages began to show up , the iCloud portion of the phone was malfunctioning , none of my logins to any of my apps worked , when I would try to login to some websites , I would get a message saying low network connectivity or no network .

There would be times where I would have no connection at all.

So I reached out to the Verizon chat assistants twice and we did some troubleshooting tasks. Ultimately, the issues did not get resolved. So the chat assistant advised me that I needed to go to one of the physical stores and let a technician look at the phone. When I went to the Verizon store at my scheduled time for the technician, the sales person told me that technicians do not work out of any of the stores.

I was livid! I cant believe that I was lied to by Verizon. I work full time and took time on my day off to go to this appointment. The ONLY reason why I did not cancel my services with Verizon right then and there is because one of the sales persons that was working there that day used his personal knowledge to fix a lot of the issues that i was having.

So Im going to come back to that later.

There are a total of three issues that Im having with Verizon. The second issue is the First Responder Discount. I started a new job in June 2021 as a Communications Operator/911 Dispatcher. I sent in the necessary information to Verizon so that the discount could be applied ; I was talking to my coworkers who also have Verizon and they informed me that they are receiving the discount.

I received an email back from Verizon saying congratulations you are eligible for the First Responder Discount and you will start seeing the discount on your bill . I have a screenshot of that email. To this day, the discount has not been applied. I want it to be applied not only for future bills but retroactively for the months where I did not get it.

I called Verizon quite a few times about this matter and I was always told one of two things, oh because of the plan that youre on, the discount cannot be applied or your job title doesnt qualify you for the discount. My issue with this is that before Verizon sent me that congratulations email, I would think that they wouldve checked all of that before determining that I was eligible. And sidebar, every time Ive had to call Verizon since October dealing with all of this , there has been a minimum of a 40 minute hold time.

The third issue; I was communicating with one of the Verizon chat assistants and they told me that they would be putting me on the Get More Unlimited plan at no extra charge because of the speed /network issues that I was having . So I recently called and spoke to a Janet.

All I wanted to know was 1) when was the plan changed to the Get More Unlimited plan 2) was there any extra charge by switching to that plan 3) what plan does it show that I am currently on. All very simple questions. I also mentioned that I wanted to check to see if the First Responder Discount had been applied yet. Without answering any of the other questions , she immediately went into let me transfer you to the Discount Validation team and before I could even say anything, I was placed into their queue.

This cannot be synonymous with their mission statement and with the customer service values that they entail.

I was lied to and told to go a physical store and see a technician only to be told that no technicians work out of any of the stores. One of the associates , Gert, said something to the effect of theres no way we would have sent you to a physical store. . Another associate , Esteban, told me theres no way we would have switched your plan and kept you at the same price for it.

I tried to seek justice through the Verizon Facebook page and through the Verizon Community to no avail. The names of the reps that I can remember are Brianna, Casey, Dave, Esteben, and Gert. But there are more. The issues with the network have now seemed to have resolved themselves.

However I need clarity on the First Responder Discount and I need someone to break down my monthly bills from October 2021-January 2022. The way that I have been treated and have been talked to by the associates for these last three months makes me question does my 15 year loyalty mean anything to Verizon Wireless?

Product or Service Mentioned: Customer Service Profiles Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Verizon Wireless Cons: Customer service stinks, Billing practices, Deceitful billing practices.

Comments