The day before Thanksgiving 2016, I purchased two iPads from the Verizon Store in the Smithride Shopping Center in Reno, NV. My options were for 32GB or 128GB.

I chose 128 GB for both. They were activated and bagged by a sales associate in the store. After arriving home I discovered that I was given devices with 32GB memory and not the 128GB that I had requested. It was late and the store would close before I could get back there.

Because the following day was Thanksgiving, I was forced to return on Black Friday. I spoke with a store manager who exchanged the devices for the correct ones, but only after charging an "upgrade fee" of $40 for each item. The fact that I was given the wrong items by a Verizon associate made no difference whatsoever. I was told that this is a "Verizon policy".

I made the purchase with a credit card and immediately filed a dispute for the $80 I was charged for exchanging the items. The credit card company then gave me a credit of $80. Much to my dismay, upon receipt of my monthly cellular service bill, I found that Verizon merely added this $80 to my bill.

I have filed complaints with the Nevada Attorney General's Consumer Protection Division, the FCC and the Better Business Bureau. BUYER BEWARE!

Product or Service Mentioned: Apple Tablet.

Preferred solution: $80 credit.

Comments