Had problems with iPhone 4, it was not keeping a charge. Called customer service as I have before for phones under warranty.

They agreed to send me a refurbished phone and I would send back the defected phone, which I did. My bill showed a charge of $599.99 for unreturned equipment. I called Verizon and the said they did receive the package at their facility and did not know why the account was not credited. I was told they would put a tracer on it and would contact me within 48 hours.

Needless to say they did not call me back. So I called the following week and they said the same thing. They said they would not interrupt my service because the equipment charge was in dispute. I called them, collections called me to let me know my service was going to be interrupted for Non payment, they said they would put a tracer on the package etc.

This has been going on for six weeks. Today I get the call from collections again except today I get the definitive answer from customer service saying the phone they received from me is not a Verizon phone and the phone I was supposed to turn in is being used by another Verizon customer. They can't tell me who it is or stop their service. I requested to speak with a manager and the customer service person said I will get a phone call from one of them within 48 hours.

I am hopefull (do not know why) Verizon will call me back and will give the credit due me.

If not i plan on filing a claim with Assurian Insurance, returning the refurbished phone (hopefully it will get there), claim the phone stolen ( so they will shut off, although I really don't thing Anybody is using the phone because it was not working)file a police report and cancel my Verizon account. Does anybody have any other suggestions or experience that may be helpful?

Comments