I called Verizon Wireless on Sep 7, 2012 to verify when my contract was up because I wanted to switch companies. The agent told me my service was up in Jan 2012 so that I was fine if I wanted to switch.

Today I got a bill for $135 for early cancellation fee. When I talked to the supervisor Roberta she told me it was my fault that I should have known when my contract was up since I signed the papers. I explained that I couldn't find the papers and I had contacted her Verizon wirelss employee to verify my contract dates. If I couldn't trust the Verizon wireless employee to tell me the truth I should not have been penalized by cancelling.

I loved my service with Verizon wireless I just needed to downgrade my service and wanted a prepaid phone which Verizon didn't offer.

Now, I will never use Verizon again even if I return to using a monthly contract because if their agents don't tell me the truth and the company won't stand behind what their agents say..it's not a company I want to deal with. And of course since I cancelled their service they don't care about helping me.

Comments