I have a Verizon account & Samsung S4 phone that I have been having issues with for approximately 4 months now (intermittent data and wifi connections) And, during this time have been calling tech support somewhat frequently to resolve the issue... performing the tasks as requested... to no avail. On October 16th the tech I spoke with told me that 1. she would credit my account $30 just for all the issues I have been having and time spent with support. 2. that I was eligible for an phone upgrade (the Samsung S5) because I had already been sent a replacement Samsung S4 and that did not fix the issue and tech support and I had done all we could do to fix the phone with the stipulation that I follow through with her instructions of after hanging up from our call to restore my phone settings to default, uninstall the 3rd party apps, and uninstall and re-install the Facebook app. And 3. she would follow up with me 2 days later to make sure the problem was resolved or complete the upgrade request.

I never heard from her again... the problem "did" persist and I wound up having to call in again and speak with a new tech in New York that guaranteed me that he would make this happen but Rebbie (the previous tech) had broke protocol and I just had to complete this one last task of doing a factory reset of my phone before he could make this happen... "just do this one last thing and if the phone still has issues I guarantee I will have it there the next day" So, I followed through with the factory reset and the next morning was out to breakfast and again having the same issues on a fresh reset. I contacted the tech (William Bell) that said he would make all this happen and he started back peddling... since then, I have tried to escalate this to a district and/or regional manager without success. I have asked numerous times for that phone number and been given the run around instead. In addition, every supervisor I have talked to I have requested the recorded conversations from and have been denied

this also... While they admit that the 1st tech made a mistake, they keep making excuses to not follow through with what was promised. So, I have heard "Rebbie, (the 1st tech) she works for a company that Verizon outsources to" acting like they are not responsible for her actions. Then, they tried to say that the warranty is handled by Samsung and tried to have me take up this issue with Samsung - yet, a Verizon representative made that promise. They have also tried to throw me into a new plan that I would pay for the new S5 on a monthly basis instead of all at once. Obviously, this has all been very aggravating and going on far too long.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Deliver what was promised.

Comments

Temecula, California, United States #912793

This has since been resolved by a Verizon exec that "made it happen" for me. Again, I have been more than satisfied with Verizons service with exception to these last few months of jumping through hoops.