Pick a different wireless provider! For your own good, read the customer reviews for Verizon, there are many honest negative reviews and claims against Verizon because costumer services is horrible and the company is dishonest in customer dealings. We signed up for a plan and were over-charged. We called and emailed costumer service regarding our incorrect bills for 5 months and ended with them promising to refund (next bill cycle - for 5 months)...they never refunded and we were forced to cancel - now we are being charged a $350 early termination fee (ETF). Without notice (before we even received the ETF bill) Verizon sent the $350 ETF fee to collections. We have been given the run-around for 6 months and paid our bills on-time. Customer service is poor and each representative always has a different story in which they claim the representative before them didn't know what they were talking about. A good way to get a major headache. Our case is by far not the first and will not be the last.

nashvillepost.com/news/2…

techdirt.com/articles/20…

Verizon did not deliver as promised and mis-charged us customers. We are not impressed.

Be wary and know before you buy.

Comments

Derwood, Maryland, United States #851941

My daughter got married. We asked Verizon to switch her phone # out of our plan so she can keep her phone # to join her husband's plan.

And Verizon assigned new # for my husband to use my daughter's old cell phone.

We were not told that there will be a termination fee. (the fact is, we did not terminate the service but changed the phone number for the cell phone)

To our surprise we got charge of $200 for early contract termination fee for my daughter's phone #, and activation fee for the new number for the phone...etc.

We did not terminate the contract.

On top of that we were not inform about the charge, other wise we could have wait for the contract end in 8 months to switch the number.

It is a ripoff. I am about to cancel Verizon's service and will no longer have any service provide by Verizon, which include their FIOS service.