On Oct 29, 2011 I went to a Verizon store to have my granddaughter's Internet connection service turned off which was costing me 29.99 a month. She had dropped her phone and cracked the screen which I had insurance on.

I told them specifically that I had insurance for the phone but I only wanted a phone that she could make calls on and text from. They would not down grade her smart phone with the insurance and said I had to get the same phone. The sales rep said he could setup another phone on my account and we could get a different phone and it would only be $10 more a month. I told them I didn't want that because I didn't want that because of the 2 year contract.

He told me that all I had to do was to keep it for a couple of months and I could cancel it. I finally agreed to that after he kept assuring me I could turn it off. I also told him that I wanted to turn off the Internet for a netbook we had and wasn't using anymore. My granddaughter's phone still cost me $99 dollars.

When my Nov bill came in the mail I was charges $400 dollars in Internet charges on my granddaughters phone. I called verizon and they said she was playing a game on the Internet. I told them that wasn't possible because I turned her Internet service off in Oct. They said they could see that I had discontinued the service but she still had access to the Internet because I did not tell them to BLOCK the Internet.

I asked the how was I suppose to know that? Still one year later and fighting them. They now tell me I owe them over

$1500 in early termination fees. I discontinued mybservice with them in March and the billed me until June.

Buyer beware. They suck...

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 17, 2012.

Comments

heh4509

they charge $1400 on a phone bill that i did not sign up 4. And i just got a invoice 4 $573.20 on a bill in southern cal.

and i moved from there 24 years ago they just go after anyone before checking if they R right. ________ verizon