353 views

The Verizon iPhone trade-in scam of 2016 - After being a loyal Verizon customer for a few years, I got pulled into the same scam that many other Verizon customers have gotten into – the ‘trade-in scam’. You trade your old iphone 6 for a $650 credit that goes towards paying for your new iphone 7.

The catch is that the older phone MUST ONLY BE mailed in a prepaid UNINSURED package provided by Verizon. My barely-used, scratchless, in original packaging old iphone 6 was in excellent condition when it departed my hands. Verizon sent me a picture of a damaged phone which they received and refused to give me the promised $650 credit. The same picture was sent to other friends and colleagues of mine that went in for a Verizon phone trade-in.

However, my friends that chose the Tmobile or AT&T trade in did not have such complaints.

Verizon should release statistics of how many trade-in phones were offered the full credit.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Verizon Wireless Pros: Seem to have better coverage than most providers, Quality of network.

Verizon Wireless Cons: Institutional cheating on a large scale, Completely lied about cost and features of product, Customer service reps lie, Custotmer service, Price gouging.

Comments

Verizon scammed me also and from the looks of the number of people scammed, I smell a class action lawsuit. Come on lawyers what is the hold up?

Need a person to file a complaint? I will.

This stinks to high heavens.

Verizon can you really treat people like this and expect no one to do anything? I was promised 100 and offered 34 seven months later.

Verizon Wireless Reviews