160 views

The reason we switched to Verizon from AT&T was to pay less. YELYNN KI offered a 8 GB data plan with an additional 2 GB per line for life with unlimited talk and text for $94.60 which included a 22% discount as an employee with the City and County of San Francisco, Airport Commission.

She said including tax our total bill would be around 104.60. She said she would wave the $20 per line activation fees. We activated our phones which we found out there was no port request generated to bring over either of our AT&T phone numbers which took quite a bit of time to get fixed. We went through the employee discount webpage to discover the discount offered was only 6%.

We received an email on 11/4/16 which said the bill is $130 per month. The activation fees were still on there. I called the phone number YELYNN gave and it goes to a dead line. I emailed her at with no response.

We called support today, 11/5, and spent hours on the phone to be told that she made a mistake and Verizon could not fulfill the promised $94.60 per month but they would make the bill $110 per month, which who know if it really is. I think they were desperate to get off the phone. Now we are paying the exact same amount as we did with AT&T. So this is a basic bait and switch maneuver that YELYNN pulled.

This is called deceptive sales tactics. Between the two of us we have spent around 10 hours on the phone with various people between trying to port the phone numbers and getting the billing down to the promised pricing which never did happen.

Never before have I dealt with a company where something like this has occurred. We will take the time to report this to the FTC.

Product or Service Mentioned: Verizon Wireless Phone Plan.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Location: American Canyon, California

Comments

I am dealing with a similar "bait and switch" issue concerning the date usage plans and deceptive tactics of AT&T. These issues all have one common theme - "the promise to lower your bill by giving equal or more data" for a lower monthly cost. There needs to be a class action lawsuit on these issues.

Verizon Wireless Reviews