I got a LG V20 phone from Verizon about 6 months ago, and got the added insurance to go with it. We've had Verizon for years, and usually had good service with them.

Not so this time - after driving to the local store to see why the battery life on my phone had dropped so much recently I was told they didn't know if the problem was with the phone or with the battery. Their procedure was to have a new phone delivered to my office the next day, and I was to see if the new phone solved the problem. When I pointed out that I wouldn't be in the office the next day I was told that didn't matter to them. When I did get back to the office in 2 days and had to drive back to the store with the replacement phone so they could switch the service to the new phone, and was also told the screen protector I'd purchased from them couldn't be transferred to the new phone - meaning I'd have to pay for another one to replace this one.

And that not only would I have to send my old phone back if the new phone didn't solve the battery problem, but I'd also have to do so that day to avoid being charged for the new phone if the old phone wasn't returned in time.

After using the new phone for the day or two they recommended and having the same battery life problem I called Verizon and ended up regretting ever doing business with them. They finally found someone who was authorized to help, and I was told I'd be sent a replacement battery as well as the replacement screen protector at no charge. Unfortunately while I did receive the screen protector, I got a battery cover in place of a battery. After calling again to see about getting the replacement battery I never did get to talk with someone who could figure out they'd sent the wrong part and send the correct part - but I did get to hear how Verizon values my business while waiting.

I've always regretted dealing with Verizon in the past given their bad reputation with labor practices, fraudulent billing practices and billing taxpayers for network improvements that were never delivered.

But the rest of the members on our plan have wanted to stick with them due to their service and coverage. But with service like this, it's going to be very easy to switch carriers at the end of our contract.

Review about: Verizon Wireless Cell Phone Replacement.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments