Verizon Wireless - REP ADMITS "FREE" UPGRADE FRAUD / INSURANCE SCAMS / AND
Update added by user Jun 08
UPDATE: There attempt to resolve anything ia
Original review posted by user Jun 04
I RECENTLY WHEN TO VERIZON CENTER TO GET MY SCREEN REPAIRED BECAUSE I WAS PAYING INSURANCE FOR 2 YEAR AND NEVER NEEDED A REPAIR. REP TOLD I WOULD STILL HAVE TO PAY A FEE EVEN THOUGH I HAD INSURANCE... SO I BASICALLY HAVE BEEN PAYING MONTHLY FOR 2 YEARS APPROX $ 264 WHICH IS MORE THAN ENOUGH TO COVER A SCREEN.. TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE VERIZON REP HERSELF TOLD ME THE WHOLE INSURANCE PLAN IS A BIG SCAM. SHE THEN SAID I WAS UP FOR A FREE UPGRADE IN 2 WEEKS AND THAT VERIZON APPROVED ME FOR EARLY UPGRADE WITH A SMALL FEE.
SIDE NOTE SHE WAS TRYING TO GET ME TO UPGRADE TO 6S PLUS AND SAID THAT WAS SHE HAS AND LOVES IT. THIS WAS APPEALING SINCE I MAINLY USE MY DEVICE FOR WORK AND BIGGER SCREEN IS BETTER FOR. FEW MINUTES LATER WHILE PROCESSING MY UPGRADE SHE TELLS ANOTHER CUSTOMER WHO WAS LOOKING AT IPHONE THAT SHE SHOULD CONSIDER THE NEW DROID BECAUSE APPLE PURPOSELY MAKE THE SCREENS FRAGILE SO THEY BREAK. (AS AN APPLE AUTHORIZED DEALER THEY COULD LOSE THEIR CONTRACT WITH APPLE FOR SLANDERING. (WHICH I CONVENIENTLY VIDEO TAPED) AND IS CURRENTLY BEING INVESTIGATED BY APPLE, THE REP AT APPLE MADE IT PERFECTLY CLEAR HOW PROTECTIVE CORPORATE IS OF THEIR BRANDING AND THEY WILL DO WHATEVER ITS TAKE TO PRESERVE THEIR REPUTATION.
ALONG WITH MY UPGRADE SHE KEPT PUSHING THESE GLASS SCREEN PROTECTORS. $29.99 AND ABOUT 4 HOURS LATER WHILE I WAS PUTTING MY CASE ON THE PHONE THE SCREEN PROTECTOR FALLS OFF, THE DROP WAS ABOUT 2 FT AND IT SHATTERED... I WAS ANNOYED AT THAT, BUT SINCE I WAS HAPPY W MY DEVICE I WASN'T GONNA MAKE A FUSS.
LONG STORY SHORT I PAID $268 FOR MY FREE UPGRADE, WHICH APPARENTLY WAS CHEAPER THAN THE COST OF INSURANCE. SHE THEN CONTINUES TO BAD MOUTH HOW MANY PEOPLE PAY INSURANCE FOR YEAR AND WHEN U FINALLY DO NEED A REPAIR UR PAYMENT TONS ANYWAY. I TAKE MY NEW PHONE, SHE GAVE ME TRACKING SLIP TO SEND MY OLD PHONE BACK, WHICH I PAID IN FULL. BUT SHE SAID FIRST I NEED TO HAVE THE SCREEN REPAID AND SHE MENTIONED A PLACE THAT DID IT FOR UNDER 50$ APPARENTLY SO 264 INSURANCE FEES + 50 $ WAS STILL A BETTER OPTION THAN INSURANCE.
ABOUT 1 WEEK LATER I RECEIVE STATEMENT WITH $35 EQUIPMENT CHARGE 1 OF 24 INSTALLMENTS TOTALLING 860$ SO THE "FREE UPGRADE" WAS NOT FREE AT ALL. SO AT THIS POINT I OWE $860 FOR THE PHONE, ALREADY PAID 268$ IN STORE, 50$ SCREEN REPAIR AND I NEED TO SEND VERIZON THE PHONE I PAID IN FULL. SO MY "FREE" UPGRADE IS NOW $1178.00 WHICH IS MUCH MORE THAN A NEW PHONE PLUS THE VALUE OF MY OLD PHONE. THAT'S THEFT....
WHEN I CALLED VERIZON SAYING WHY IS MY FREE UPGRADING GONNA COST ME MORE. I WAS GETTING EMAIL OFFERS REGARDING FREE UPGRADE PRIOR TO THIS. I EXPLAINED TO HIM THE EMAILS AND REP TOLD ME IN PERSON THAT ITS FREE.. SHOCKINGLY HE AGREED WITH MY FRUSTRATION AND EXPLAINED THE "FINE PRINT" AND SAID ITS NOT RIGHT BUT THAT'S WHAT THEY DO. WHAT HE DIDN'T KNOW IS I WORK IN ADVERTISING, AND FINE PRINT, WHEN THE ADD IS CLEARLY MISLEADING, DOES NOT HOLD UP IN COURT.
AFTER ALL THAT THE BEST THEY COULD DO IS GIVE ME A REFUND AND I JUST GO BACK TO ORIGINAL, BUT I WOULDN'T ACCEPT... THEY TRY THROWING FEW MORE OFFERS AT ME, BUT AT THIS POINT IM FURIOUS. AND I WASTED HOURS OF MY LIFE.. I TOLD THEM I KNOW MY LEGAL RIGHTS AND LEGAL COUNSEL AT MY FINGERTIPS. I POLITELY DECLINED. MADE THEM AWARE OF THAT APPLE IS INVESTIGATING MY CLAIM, WHICH WILL BE A SIMPLE CASE CAUSE SHE'S ON CAMERA......
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Deceitful customer service
- Multiple issues
- Product or service
- Verizon Wireless Cell Phone Upgrade
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Directv account number:76802935Within the past 7 months I have encountered a repetitive problem with Directv's install that has caused damage to my Yamaha A.V.R. and Mitsubishi TV. The first time..."
- "No Wonder They Got So Many Bad Reviews! Many Members Are Scared To Come Out And Tell The Truth! I Have Hidden The Truth Long Enough! Now It Is Time To Spill The..."
- "Warrantech extended warranty company is a scam, the customer service supervisor Chris Tyner is very rude . Todd Griffin Customer Care supervisor is racist. When I..."
- "Panera location at Paramus Park NJ and the Route 4 location both have dirty panini presses. Take a look at my breakfast sandwich---this is a health hazard! How..."
- "Corporate HQ, On 30 Jun 2015, I order two Nankang AS-1 225/45/R18 tires for my Subaru Forester AWD (order # 67622). They arrived Tue 07 Jul 2015. Dissatisfied with..."
- "I'm a 64 year old male, fit and healthy, with no history of allergies. I purchased a standard size Mypillow and received it mid October, 2016. It worked as advertised..."
- "I purchased a box of crackers and each pack had what looked like and crumbled like peanut butter. I was completely disappointed and call the manufacturer and they stated it..."
- "HI i recently purchased the instyler max, as i was letting it heat up to full capacity i had it sitting on the so called heat pad and lucky i..."