1.9
Coverage Area
Style and Design

On Friday, November 25, 2016, I went to the Verizon store located inside the Cottonwood Mall, 10000 COORS BYPASS NW SPC C05A Albuquerque, NM, 87114 I was attended to by Elijah Martinez.At the time, I had T-Mobile service, with four phone lines and paying on three of the phones (T-Mobile Bill-$245.00 a month) and I wanted to see if Verizon was offering any specials, during this Black Friday, on their monthly prices, that would beat T-Mobile’s.

I was looking to switch, if Verizon could beat T-Mobile’s monthly prices. Mr. Martinez, told me about a special promotion they were having, were I would trade in my old phones and Verizon would pay off what I owed, up to $650.00 per phone. That was great because it would pay for three of my four phones that I was still paying for, with T-Mobile.

He asked me, which phones I was interested in because each one had different discounts/promotions. I chose the S7, S7 Edge, I-Phone7, I-Phone7 and a Gizmo Pal watch. The S7 gave me a discount/credit of $432.00 distributed on my monthly bills. The S7 Edge gave me a discount/credit of $312.00 distributed on my mothy bills.

The two I-Phone 7s gave me a discount/credit of $12.50 per phone As a Federal employee, I also received a 15 to 20% discount. He also promised me a $100.00 bill discount/credit and no activation fees. The promotion included four $200.00 visas which I would receive in the mail in two months. With this promotion, I had to purchase $340.00 in accessories for the phones.

The plan included 2GB of data per phone plus 8GB of bonus data, for a total of 16GB of data. I was told by Mr. Martinez that my monthly bill would be $220.00 plus tax. He said the approximate tax would be close to $15.00, for a total of $235.00 a month.

This was a great deal, it beat my current monthly payments with T-Mobile. It sounded too good to be true, so I went over it with him about five to ten times, during our, approximate, three hour conversation. He assured me it would be $220.00 plus tax (approximate tax-$15.00), up to the very end, when I paid. After, much hesitation, I decided to go with the offer.

I ended up paying a lot more then what I wanted to pay ($586.05) for taxes and accessories. I wasn’t very happy, but the discounted monthly payments and everything, Mr. Martinez promised, made it worth it. I received my first bill, on Saturday for $446.33, the first lie from Mr.

Martinez. I found out it was due to activation fees. On Monday, 11/28/2016, after several hours of arguing with a store employee and then calling Verizon customer service, when the employee wouldn’t help me out, I got the $100.00 dropped. Tuesday, 11/29/2016, I spoke to a District Manager (Milo Mclemore).

He was concerned that Mr. Martinez would lie and came across as though he didn’t believe me. He told me he wanted to meet with me on Thursday (12/1/2016) to explain the details of my bill because there seems to be some confusion. It seems as though he is trying to tell me my bill will actually be higher, pretty much I was lied too.

This is unacceptable.I am being told to accept the lie, pay a higher price than my previous cell phone bill and there is no way out, unless I pay approximately $220.00 for restocking fees and loose approximately $100.00 for accessories and pay $1000.00 for the phones, I still owe to T-Mobile, which Verizon was going to pay off.

This person wrote the review because of pricing issue at Verizon Wireless. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $1400 and wants Verizon Wireless to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was customer service and lies at verizon store. Author liked the most various options of communications. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Tmobile. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Verizon Wireless and verizon wireless phone plan for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Verizon Wireless?

Comments

Same issue in BR, LA. They did basically the exact same thing. Their customer service agreement says they can lie all they want because it says the real totals on a document you can access through your online account

Fort Worth, Texas, United States #1257572

I'm going this same issue with these bastards here in El Paso on trans mountain! Lie after lie after more lies. Furious with this SOB