Verified Reviewer

1.8

I called for what should have been an easy request. Twice.

I opted not to use a self-serve option. I pay them nearly $60 for 2 GB of data. Ridiculously overpriced but I don't want to part with my phone so I overpay. The IVR kept sending me a link for self-service options.

I refused to click on the link. It didn't matter. The IVR repeatedly disconnected me and I was unable to get through to a human.

Not my first bad experience. When I switched devices, I was told that they no longer assist with the new device set-up.

I was forced to do it all myself. I then found out that the stores DO in fact do so and I could have, and should have been offered an appointment. They spent 3 hours helping a friend. I was told to do it myself.

Then I went into the store to ask them to put the protective plastic for my screen on my phone.

The tech flat out refused to do so because he said it wasn't a Verizon phone. When I disputed that, and he checked because apparently I looked like a liar, he then told me I didn't buy the plastic from them. He then told me that I had to make an appointment. To put a piece of plastic on my phone.

Something that would have taken them approximately 30 seconds.

I worked for this company for 5 years and can honestly say that they have gone way downhill. Their customer service now totally sucks.

User's recommendation: Choose anyone else.

Preferred solution: The answer to my original question. How do I perform the OTA programming to refresh my phone..

Location: New Haven, Connecticut