Verified Reviewer

Original review updated by user Apr 10, 2021

7-8 weeks ago, AT&T wrote me and said they are discontinuing landlines in our neighborhood and gave us a number to call at Verizon (since it's your junction box at the end of the road). Since then, I have called several times.

I'd get an account theoretically set up and Customer Service said I would receive a call a few days later. None of that ever occurred.

Yesterday, about 1:00 PM, I set up an account again. We had some issues and the lady said she would call me back at 4:00 PM.

She didn't. Nothing unusual with your customer service.

Then, I called up with my reference number (that and two previous numbers were no good ...

they couldn't find anything). I got Ginelle (spelling). She said I already had an account and needed a number from my billing statement. A) What account?; and B) I haven't been billed by Verizon since before the Internet came to fruition.

That would be sometime in the 80s.

The conversation got heated because she kept wanting my account or PIN which I DO NOT HAVE since I don't have a landline transferred yet, and I haven't been billed yet. Then, she would start talking, NOT TO BE INTERRUPTED, while at the same time I heard BABY(S) screaming in the background. It was an uncomfortable. I'm a senior citizen, 71, and I DO NOT appreciate any form of SASS from any of your customer service personnel.

In the long run, she said she would email me a document with my account information.

She did not.

So, how is it that you all are still in business with such an incompetent customer service department? It was all so disgusting.

Thanks for NOTHING except stirring up my emotions in such a negative way.

Looks like I'm losing my land line on May 3rd.

Gary Garvin

Preferred solution: Land line. I'm losing my AT&T land line May 3rd. They discontinued our neighborhood and gave us Verizon's number..

Comments