In August of 2021 I contacted Verizon Wireless to change my personal account (through which I also was paying for cell phones for four of my employees) and get the account changed to a small business account. To accomplish this objective took me 6 1/2 months and nearly 70 hours of my time.

The people in the personal side of your business couldn figure out what was going on and I kept getting the runaround. Finally I got to someone who stayed on the phone with me for a few hours and we were able to get the basic account set up in mid-January of 2022. However there still were problems transferring lines from the personal account to the small business account and that took another month to clear up as I had to pay off the balance on two of the phones. I took care of that and the small business account finally was activated in mid-February.

For the past two weeks I have been receiving calls and email from Verizon telling me I have a past due bill and my account is being shut down. Yet, no one at Verizon can tell me what it is that I supposedly owe and why.

We're now 7 months into trying to resolve this matter and this is unconscionable treatment of someone who has been a loyal Verizon Wireless customer for 20 years and also a long-term shareholder in the company. Get your act together!

User's recommendation: Don't try to do anything but the basics with Verizon. Their customer service is horrible.

Preferred solution: Straighten out my new small business account and clear up your mess with my former personal account. .

Location: Marietta, Georgia