Verified Reviewer

4.2

I recently received a bill and found someone I don't know had opened a second line, and somehow become the "Account Manager", without -my -knowledge or permission, to make these account changes. I tried to close the account by going in person to my local Verizon store, but as the "pin" has been changed, and I am no longer the account-manager, I cannot even close it.

This second line is accruing charges somehow, and it looks like my original line is still occurring charges, even though it is all in collections and ruining my credit. I actually have not been able to use my original phone number since the end of June 2021. I had to file a police report on June 28, 2021, as somebody has stolen my social security number, committed multiple crimes using my information and used an alias unfamiliar to me, so that I am the victim of a special crimes type of Identity theft. This incident leads me to conclude that I am the victim of identity theft on my Verizon account as well.

Furthermore, I do not know who the named person is, or if it is even a real name that shows up on my bill, perhaps somebody is using a fake name and has managed to attach himself to my account so that I now have bad credit as he continues to rack up bills in my name. I would like to think Verizon is responsible for this breach of my privacy, and I hold them responsible for fixing this immediately. Not only that, but I have not been able to use the iPhone that my original number was partnered with since the end of June 2021, due to nonpayment on my account, which locked my phone, so I do not know I'm why I am still being billed or how this number is still being used. I only just noticed this month because I have been in and out of Drug and Alcohol Treatment Programs, as well as Behavioral Health programs due to personal issues l and unable to get my mail, my bills, or go on the internet to check email.

In fact, my email has had to be changed because of identity theft as well. My password and back-up information have being changed without my consent, leaving me no way to switch it back to something I can utilize to check for email notices, so even if Verizon were to try to contact me via my email I used when getting the original line, I wouldn't know it. I would like an itemized Statement of every charge on my account, for any numbers on that account, dating back to when the account was opened, including any online charges made to the account with a list of any credit cards used for any purchases, as someone may be opening credit cards fraudulently too I fear. There should be no online charges at ALL!

I have not used my original phone number since June 2021, therefore, I expect any and all charges on my account to be retracted, corrected and forgiven immediately!!! I also need this person looked into and prosecuted for ID Theft, and I'll be filing a police report to that end shortly. Please close out my account for starters and contact me ASAP at blossomog1234.1234@***.com. I expect Verizon to handle this situation in an expedient manner.

Thank you. Sandy Brewer

User's recommendation: Do not trust Verizon to protect your identity!!!!!!

Verizon Wireless Pros: Payment plan options.

Verizon Wireless Cons: Difficulty filing claim for fraud onls, Privacy breach.

Comments