Verified Reviewer

My husband 84 years old wnent into the Madera Verizon store and told them he had a problem with phone. Instead of addressing the issue he was told he could get an upgrade.

He thought was free. It was a Nokia phone and had no idea how to use. Phone was taken back next day as he wanted his iphone back that wasn't even paid for yet, and store said no. I then tried to take back stating that he gets confused and is forgetful and that I needed his old phone back.

I was told no. Contacted Alexi the Manager and was told to go back to the store and see the asst. mgr. I went in and I was told that the manager approved us getting an exchange from the Nokia to an iphone, that he has always had and knows how to use it.

BUT old phone was not paid for so I had to pay off as this was an exchange and not an upgrade. I asked Alexi to talk to the staff and have them be aware that older people sometimes have difficulty in explaining and understanding.

She was not very kind to me. Please be very careful when an elderly person goes into the store unaccompanied.

User's recommendation: Never let an elderly person go there by themselves.

Preferred solution: Apology.

Verizon Wireless Pros: Love the coverage.

Verizon Wireless Cons: Beware of elder abuse.

Location: 26 Avenue 10 3/4, Madera, CA 93637