Concord, New Hampshire

Long time VZW customer. Ordered an upgrade to my Samsung Galaxy online on 10/9, finally, because my old phone died. Wanted it delivered to work because I am always in the office. Couldn't change my address of record online, because they want a confirmation via text. Which I couldn't do because my phone was dead. So I choose to have it sent to my local store.

Got an email confirmation of my order with instructions to wait until notified before going to the store to pick up phone. I kept checking my email, but no notification. Finally logged into my VZW account to see a message they had cancelled my order because I didn't pick up my phone during some window of time - that differs depending on who you talk to and what you read online.

Didn't pick up phone because waiting for email notification. Well instead a text is sent - to my dead phone. So I didn't get it.

Long story short:

10/9 ordered phone and got email confirmation.

10/16 logged in to see order status to find cancellation notice. Start the odyssey that is dealing with VZW customer service.

10/16 to 10/24 approximately 7 hours on phone and online chat to straighten out the issue and get my money refunded. Was told I cancelled the order - nope. Was told refund issued 10/17. Was told refund issued 10/19.

Today on 10/24 was told they would cancel the order to issue the refund. WHAT??

I work for a company who relies on you having a smart phone. So I have been at work without a phone, driving without a phone, and out of touch for my elderly ailing parents to reach me. And VZW can't be bothered to assist a long time customer.

There are two conflicting cancellation policies I see online and was told of a third that is not documented anywhere. My final action will be to report the charge on my credit account for the phone as a fraudulent transaction and have my credit union deal with it.

Apparently they have all the customers they need, so I will make sure to let people know not to bother with them. They don't need any more customers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Verizon Wireless Samsung Electronics Cell Phone Upgrade.

Verizon Wireless Pros: Still looking for something to like about verizon.

Verizon Wireless Cons: Customer service.

Comments