1251 Polaris Pkwy, Columbus, OH 43240
1.9

We came in yesterday to switch back to Verizon from T Mobile. We went to T Mobile for their better cost, and for BOGO promo on the Note 10.

I *loved* Tmobile. They were very nice, process was very quick and easy. Sadly, we were not able to get adequate coverage on the TMo network where we live (mismatch between the coverage map and actual experience), as we are in the medical profession and have to be on call for emergencies at a moment's notice. They were awesome about the return, as they have a "risk-free" policy in place.

I talked about TMo on a review of Verizon in order to illustrate the difference between our terrific experience there and the awful experience we had with Verizon.

We spent *4 hours* here,with a small child, trying to get our service reestablished, a day after leaving. Every time the rep had to talk to someone, it took 15 to 20 minutes. This is not unusual for Verizon stores either; we have been subjected to hour-long wait times just to see a rep at other stores as well. Leaving and coming back so soon didn't count for us to qualify for new customers BOGO (after being told it would initially), but it sure did count when it came time to put back our data plan and take away the discount on my husband's device, which did have only about $150 owed, now over $300.

Then, John at the national "Win back" team harassed my husband verbally for having hearing loss when my husband had trouble hearing him on the store's phone. I wound up in tears over the whole situation.

We still don't have new phones. We had to reinstate our old phones. Yes, we could have bought new ones here, but we would have had to added a line we didn't need to get the BOGO promo.

After wasting an entire afternoon, I didn't want to be there any longer. Plus my husband was done after being put down by John over his disability.

I might have given 2 stars, because the rep did spend a lot of time with us and the in-store manager was kind, but the rep's parting words to me were to lecture me that I should have come in to Verizon before switching to save money. (Why? So I can be made to wait hours?

Only to be told what I already knew from online research, that we couldn't get a promo deal, couldn't get a senior rate, etc. We would have been saving at least $60 per month at TMo).

Verizon has no respect for its customers. They don't respect people's time or intelligence. They don't respect people's loyalty either (We had been customers for 9 years on this account, more on other previous accounts.

Not a bit of difference.) Some of them don't even respect customers' basic dignity to be treated with respect despite a physical handicap.

I have absolutely zero goodwill towards Verizon, and I loathe having to spend my money with them. If I had an alternative, I would be with another carrier.

Product or Service Mentioned: Verizon Wireless Service Transfer.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Verizon Wireless Pros: Coverage, Service quality and reliability.

Verizon Wireless Cons: Long wait times.

Comments