Lousy service

I have been a customer of verizon for over 8 years. I would not reccomend thes service to my worst enemy. I am in the process of filing a complaint with the bbb. I have had more dropped calls or no service at all. The customer service people are like robots who have been programmed to things like " i hope I have resolved your problem" or something of the like without actually doing anything. I have to warnVerizon customers to check your bill thoroughly as it frequently has mistakes on it. Since thenI have a new service, "consumer cellular" and the service is a hundred times better than Verizon.
Dallas, Texas

Don't do business at the Verizon Store on Marron Road in Carlsbad, CA!

The Sales Manager, Brett, and his staff at the Verizon Store on Marron Road in Carlsbad, CA are rude and condescending. He treats Verizon customers like they are non-entities, and it's a horrible place to try and get any help from these people. Their only concern is making a commission. If you want help, call Verizon's customer Service at 800-922-****, and they took care of my phone issues immediately. Also, please note that Verizon stores are a franchise business through he Wireless Zone so don't bother trying to complain to Verizon's corporate office.
Atlanta, Georgia

Verizon Wireless

Re; My March 4, 2012 complaint.. My husband has switched bill into his name to save 15% from my name to his. Well it messed everything up and it really did not save any money. All it did was take down on line services and add extra to bill. We switched it back and tried to get back n line services back. It took 6 calls to 6 different people but a nice man finally got the on line services up after 4 hours of working on it. Horray for this man, he is a GEM to a company that does not deserve him, for I am sure he could do better with his field of knowledge of phones and computors, he should get a raise!

The Verizon salesperson told my husband and I this.. "It will not change ANYTHING EXCEPT FOR THE NAME being switched over into his.. The numbers are all the same, billing address same, he even told me that the account # would remain the same plus axcess to on bill on line would remain the same." HE LIED !!!!!

So you thought changing the entire account, and setting it up in someone's social was not going to change things?!? It is not just a name change when you transfer all services with any company..

View more comments (1)
Yakima, Washington

Verizon Screwed Us All in the Rear

I would like to discourage anyone who is considering switching to Verizon. Especially if you plan to use a smartphone. Not only do they charge $70/month minimum, they now have limits on data usage per month (starting at 2GB, which is not much at all. They also charge almost $100 to replace a damaged phone, even when you already pay for insurance, and they replace the model with one with the same exact defect that was the reason it was replaced. My phone had no consumer complaints about the charge port failing, however in my first phone the port ripped out when trying to remove the charger (which had stopped working) and in less than a week of getting a replacement the new phone is already having difficulty charging.

The insurance is purely optional, but it's through Asurion who sells their insurance through other phone carriers as well. the price for that and the replacement fee or deductible is up to them, not verizon.

most warranties that offer replacements instead of repairs will replace your equipment with the same make/model. that's just how that goes.

Orono, Maine
Junior Reviewer

VERIZON is bad news when you trade at??

I have been a verizon wireless customer for many years now and I oringinaly went to a I thought to be a Verizon store on Trouble Creek and Little Road in New Port Richey Fl only to find out it was a reseller which I went to get a IPHONE 4s and the staff oh this is better so I still to this day do not have a good working phone they need to make this good because I was bull *** into and andriod type phone which works when it feels like, See when my wifes contract was up I did it through Verizon direct and the IPHONE 4S works perfect here at our home and mine does not. Verizon needs to make my phone good and give me another IPHONE 4S so then everyone is happy . So before you buy from one of these stores be sure it is a true verizon store not a outlet contractor who gets paid for the contract so the junk phone they make more on it, thats a fact see I use to be a Verizon contractor when they first started out.(FACT)
Tampa, Florida
Loss

WATCH OUT! THEY *** THE HAND THAT FEEDS THEM.... ;>/

I am very disappointed... in Verizon after being a long time customer they have changed there "customer service" mindset and started being rude and not working with there customers! Not sure why the change but they have become very rude and hard to work with and after 10 years of being a costomer, it is time to move to the next carrier... We had a damaged phone replaced and after finding out it was NOT covered we wanted to return the phone (Days later). Verizon said they would not take the phone back and demanded there $300 for the phone. They would not work with us, talk to us or even discuss the matter. When we threatened to leave the carrier after many years of service they said "good-bye"... This is not the kind of company I want to do business with and you should think twice! I want to do business with a company that appreciates my money! I will be porting my numbers and taking my business elsewhere.... Sprint - T-mobile - AT&T???? Suggestions??? Petra Monell

Cheaper data plan=cheap service... or no service..

T-mobile does not work in buildings, Sprint only owns 1/3 of their network, and if you use too much of the part they don't own, they will kick you off, and you have no option, they will just disconnect your line. Att is going to be the same prices with 1/6th the 4g, and not to mention the terrible 3G..

The rest of the prepay *** just sucks... you dont know what you got till it is gone

I am anxiously awaiting my VZW contract to end. After being a customer for about 10 years I am moving on to a carrier with a cheaper data plan. 5 more months and I and the other 4 phones on my contract will finally be free.

They suck anyway. We have them for mobile broadband (more like DIAL-UP) and are dumping them for AT&T next month.

They will no longer honour my military discount. Keep getting disconnected and drag *** download speeds. Their download speed is the SLOWEST of all carriers.

Go get AT&T (and no I do not work for them, nor do I get anything for saying this).

You won't be sorry you did.

Verizon Wireless is closing call centers and outsourcing the customer service calls. The outsourced call centers pay less than 1/2 the hourly wage that the actual Verizon wireless centers pay. And the gap between corporate America and the so called middle class widens

View more comments (3)
West Jordan, Utah

Verizon just charged me $421 after saying that this month I'd be credited my $283 over charge

I have a single account grandfathered in with unlimited data for my smart phone that I pay $89/month for. Last month I tried to make a family plan for my girlfriend and I so she could get a smart phone as well. They quoted me $68 extra dollars a month for her phone service. When the bill came in it was $283. After hearing some bogus about surcharges and all that, I cancelled the share plan and just wanted to go back to my normal $89/month deal. I was well within the 14 day cancellation period so they said this was fine. They said I HAD to pay that $283 though since they couldn't change an existing bill and that they would credit me back the extra charge next month. So I paid it, and now it's next month and my bill is now $421 - which is complete BS. I really know nothing about how the cell phone industry works, how their charges are mapped out, how I can really make them listen. Can anyone help me understand this better and possibly provide me with emails/phone numbers for higher ups within verizon that can actually help me other than their terrible phone support?
Atlanta, Georgia

Breech of Contract

Update by user Mar 23, 2012

Today I finally received the CD with the drivers for my USB broadband device, but the VZAccess and the device drivers were outdated. So now I am being told I have to leave home and find a wifi hot spot so I can update the outdated material they sent me.

I live out in the country which means a trip to town for me is aproximately fifty mile round trip and I had just gotten home from work. These people are ridiculous, they send you used equipment outdated software, they spent $12.99 to send the first item overnight with a RMA sticker to mail back the defective item and this they did three different times. So if it costs them $12.99 times three to mail overnight to me then want was to cost of the three return sticks? And this one is relly interesting, there was only one devices to ship back, so two of the RMA stickers were wasted.

So how much money and time was wasted giving me poor service, man hours, telephone time, materials, (boxes and packing) and electricity and let us not forget the postage. They could have sent me new equipment with updated software for what they spent on all used equipment and out dated CD. In summary, I still have poor connections, the replacement USB came on Tuesday, the SIM card the next day and the CD today. It took me a week to get this device up and working, plus the time it took me to get on the internet.

And I finally figured out how to get it to work on my own. Verizon\'s tech support is extremely poor.

Original review posted by user Mar 22, 2012
I have been a Verizon customer for several years, August 2011 I was told I could upgrade from my present equipment to the new 4G. I did upgrade, then the new 4GLTE Mifi 4510 came out and I asked if I was eligible to switch to this device without difficulty having the present USB device I had, I was told that yes I could. So I bought the new Mifi, when I called the discontinue the USB, I was told I would be charged a termination fee, so now I have two wireless devices. I was screwed, then two months ago I started having connections issues with the tower that is one mile from my house in line of sight. I called a month ago and reported the problem. They said the problem would check it out and the issue fixed. Five days ago I called again, problem not fixed and I was told that the USB device I owned had issues snd they would send me a new one. The new device arrived as promised, BUT there was no manual or CD with the drivers, I tried to find drivers online with Verizon and the USB manufacturer, but they are not available, just updates. So I call Verizon again, they promise me that the CD was on its way and would be here today, but to CD arrived. The new SIM card for my 4G Mifi arrived and I tried for an hour to get it to work. I called the number on the enclosed paperwork and they could not get the device to work. I worked with it for another 45 minutes and finally got it to function. Verizon has been charging me per the contract for service I have not been receiving and I have communicated that to them. I have been on the phone with them every night this week trying to resolve my connection issues. Which leads me here. Then to an investigative reporter in Dallas and my attorneys. Verizon suckers you in to more equipment than you need or want then you are stuck. Plus the replacement equipment they are sending is used, and per their words has been returned and they can not sell it. So it is issued to their existing customers when their expensive equipment fails. This is not the kind of service customers deserve when they are paying over $200.00 a month for good phone and internet service. I actually get better service from Consumer Cellular with the little Motorola phone I use for work. And I told then that and that stung. So beware of the big companies, their customers are not their first priority.
San Antonio, Texas

Verizon Liars and thieves

I ordered a $39.95 per month voice, $10.00 per month text package. Month 1 the bill was almost $90.00. After numerous attempts to reconcile I called the BBB, verizon then reduced the bill to $54.53, apparently they are claiming the " tax " is the difference. Just got this months bill it is for $73.63, when I asked why, they indicated that there is tax plus a charge for my calling the BBB and if I do not like it I shouid either file a claim in small claims court or I can go *** myself. I have reached some one named Jeanette Fitzgerald, she is in charge of having relations with the executive staff at verizon and when she is not busy fdoing that they use her name to sign emails telling customers that supposedly "care" but that they have no intention of honoring the contract. Must be a fantastic company to be a executive for, having a paid staff memeber to have relations with, use the name to tell people to Foff, just amazing.

Verizon are *** - they have hiked my monthly bill from $113 to $310

They said it was my data Plan - I hardly ever use it

I called them and told them to shut my phone down

Walmart pay as you go is the way ahead

Verizon sucks ***..*** rippoff thieved

I have been a verizon customer for a couple of years for high speed internet after that the price went up from 42 $ to 47 $ at the same time the speed has become too slow i decide to move to other guys , so i call them they canceled my account i pay the bill online and i thought that was the end of story ..but i receive a letter from them telling me that i have a 42 $ due!!! that have to be paid, well I'm not gonna pay that let's see what is gonna happen .

View more comments (2)
Mesa, Arizona

Verizon cheats customers

I WAS A VERIZON CUSTOMER GOING BACK TO THE BELL TELL DAYS. They don't back products, they over charge on services, They sold us a lap top with a 2 year contract. It never worked right. They ran me around until the warranty expired. Right after so'd the lap top. They wouldn't replace it, but held me to $69 a month for 6 months. I then bought a lap top else where. was told it wasn't compatible but they have a plug in notebook adapter. After $420 for no service you'd think they would send me one. Nope, $50. more. No credits back either. We returned 2 bad phones for insurance claims and was charged $209. for "non returned phones". They allowed some company out Pakistan to take $99. a month for 5 months for web hosting and promoting my website. Now if I had a website....... I was on the one bill with them direct withdraw. The Hurricanes took my car ,smashed my roof and power outage took $1100. worth of food. Asked if I could split my bill one time. Told no problem. Yes problem, they took whole amount and overdrew me at bank . They do not care about their customers. Do not trust them. THEY LIE AND OVER CHARGE FOR EVERYTHING!

I do not understand why?You are still a customer with VERIZON if they did these thing's to you.Anyone else would have been gone from VERIZON along time ago.If you feel VERIZON is bad business.You had better not get with AT&T you probably would blow a fuse.

Several months ago Verizon began raising my monthly internet/phone bill. First from $77 to $85 and then each month afterward it was raised until it reached $95.

Now each month it goes up a dollar plus and is now over $98. Each time I call, Verizon wants to know what cable I use. I do not use cable TV and have no need for it.

Seems Verizon is desperate to get customers to use cable TV and their 300 movies. Time for me to end using a land line and find another method for internet.

@PissedConsumer563640

they did a similar thing to me, and i am really angry. after my initial bundle plan expired, they just went ahead and signed me up for a more expensive plan.

their terms of service say they "may give you the option to change your plan. " i'm sure they never do - just another way to cheat.

View more comments (2)
Newburgh, New York

No service or static on two phones for over week

We renewed our 2 years contract with the rep talking to us on the phone we would get two new phone and the same rate as long as we kept the same type phone, which was a lie, every since we got those phone delivered from Ups and open the box, the first thing we notice was they were pre owned, we took them to the store they told us that's what they always send, but that they had the same guarantee as a new phone, and we really only wanted a basic phone, them the problems started, plenty dropped calls, static so loud you couldn't even talk on the phone, chopped up words, until you couldn't understand what the person trying to call was talking about, many calls I made, with no one calling me back including the supervisor, I want and was promise a $25.00 credit for each line, but on checking with them once again it showed no credit for my week of very little or no service, and the only reason I didn't notice , I was sick for two weeks before, which was right after I got the phones with a ear infection and flu who notices a phone when you are sick. I believe the phones are defective, but I was told after I made another call to Verizon that the engineers couldn't fix my problem and it was not the phones, so changing the phones was not a option, and my other choice was to cancel the service and they wouldn't charge me the cancel fees, but because of where I live services are very limited, so i keep the service, but they did something to the cables or towers, because service is a lot better but not 100%, so I guess I have to settle for that, but I would like a credit for service I didn't get, and a call back from the supervisor for over a week ago. What happen to customer service?
Richmond, Virginia

Horrible Verizon Customer Service ...again

I was concerned about switching from AT&T due to the inability to have international coverage -- I travel for business. I was told that I could order a phone to use while out of the country -- just by calling (within enough time for it to be configured and shipped) and I could have it for three weeks. So on March 1 I called and talked to Josh who reviewed how the program worked, the fees for France/England and ordered my phone. I leave on March 13 so I became concerned when on March 9 I still hadn't received it. So I called on March 10. The phone was never ordered! They can't ship until Monday (which is too late). They wouldn't ship to my hotel in France EVEN if I gave them a FedEx number and absolutely no work around or accomodation was made to get me a phone. When I asked who I could talk to at corporate to make a complaint I was told "anyone you call and talk to can submit a 360 Form". Crystal #554725 did absolutely nothing to make me a satisfied customer. No creative work arounds. No willingness to help find a way to ship the phone today, or to work outside the system to make a customer happy. Due to this I will now have to rent a phone at the airport, find a way to tell all my colleagues that number, possibly miss business opportunities, etc. It will take me a while to figure out how to switch my account back to AT&T, but I promise that since I am in marketing and PR that while losing my account doesn't matter to you I will make sure that my local papers know, that everyone I know hears about this, and that every online outlet I can submit to will find out about this. Verizon's customer service is HORRIBLE (unempowered, uninspired, unhelpful -- and robotic) and they deserve to lose clients.
San Rafael, California

Too expensive and poor customer service and no support for phone mechanical problems

My son's samsung continum will not charge because the part of the phone that holds the cord has to be jiggled a certain way. He has not been abusive to the area on the phone or abusive to the phone. It has a scratch on the screen. Verizon says they can't replace it because it has the scratch on the screen. They say I need to pay the $99.00 insurance deductible if I want a new phone. I told them that I was not doing that. They should replace the product for free or fix it. The phone is less than a year old. I am pissed. I am leaving Verizon as soo as his contract is up and would advise others to do so as well. They are too expensive anyway.
Baltimore, Maryland
Loss
Junior Reviewer

Verizon Wireless

If everyone would look at their old bills, before oct 2011, you will see that they are now charging you what seems less for service, but in reality you are getting hammered! I had a contract that was for 700 min voice and unlimited txt for $90.00 plus even though I was on a family plan- which means more than 2 phones, or at least 2- but my other phone costs $9.99 so my total bill was $99.99...my bill has been $111.60, alot more than I wanted to pay but lowest in plan, ok now you look at your bills now and you are being charged $9.99 for each phone and by the time Verizon taxes you to death you are paying $16.38 a phone!!!!! then if you look over what they are charging you they say that $2.99 is for sales tax for Ohio? last time I looked, after living in Ohio all my life the tax was $.07, and taxing $9.99 is not $2.99 it is $.69!!!!!! Don't call the low guys on totem pole go for FCC, PUCO will not do anything and there is another one that phone companies want you to call in Ohio is OCC, well that is their company, go right for FCC. Make them see they are charging you toooo much.....we can't afford to be put thru the wringer, especially when you are on a fixed income you don't have that to just give over..... Verizon gave up the $2.00 charge tooo easy, now they are reaming you with their little charges and then tripling our Ohio taxes.......read your bill very carefully.....they say it looks like this cause it is new, no they are trying to hide little charges that you won't look at.....please......

These are so sad all these stories. I will speak with them before I call BBB and a attorney. Very sad.

Canton, Ohio

LIARS AND THIEFS

Last year I had a cell phone that had a cracked screen, so the phone needed to be replaced. So stopped by the local verizon store and the full price on my phone was $399 (which was the full price without a contract). Since my husband and I have a contract already, and the "customer service" person (I use that term very loosely) stated there was a way to off-set some of the costs we would need to pay that day. We paid $275 while in the store, the "customer service" person had us add an extra line which in a year we would be done with and that way we could spread out the $125 over that year. Well here is what really happed. The first bill we recieved with the additional line was for an additional $70 not the $9.99 as stated. The line would not be done in a year it was a new contract that we had to keep the line until Sept 2013, which means what people lets do the math.....$300 for this addtional line so that would have me paying $575 for the phone that was listed as $399. In talking with Verizon "customer service" and I talked with Genesis....Dean and Thomas....all agreed that there was something funny with this situation and per Dean I could cancel the line....now not one of these people said anything about a cancellation fee...which on my bill today is for $173.25, just for this extra line I have never used, do not have a phone for it. You would think that if there was going to be a cancellation fee that either Genesis, Dean or Thomas would have mention it in our conversations?????? So talking with "Customer Service" again today I was told that they are sorry, but I signed a contract that hold me liable. They are right I signed a contract but only with the knowledge of "false" information. So they said they will do nothing to assist a customer that has been with them for more than 15 years and has always paid their bill on time. So they would rather lose a reliable customer, than to assist them in anyway. So what I have learned is that their EMPLOYEES are allowed to lie and mislead the customers and they are not held accountable. There is something seriously wrong with this picture and this company.

Okay, so let's look at things the way they really are. I do not understand how any consumer can go into a store and think they are entitled to a free piece of equipment, when they have broken theirs.

How do you think the wirless companies get these phones?? Motorola, apple, and HTC just give them a free $750 device?! NOT THE CASE PEOPLE!!! These phones are expensive.

The wireless companies do resell them, but they are mainly selling the air time. They buy the phones at new full retail pricing, then it can take many months to begin making ANY profit off of the consumer. On top of that each line costs the company $40 or more to support, with tower costs, etc. A lot goes into it.

If you have ever owned your own business, you would know this. So think abou this.. An iPhone costs the company probably around $600.. Your plan you are paying for costs you $70 a month.

It costs the company $50 to run an iphone on the network, and possibly more if you use a lot of data. Therefore, the company is only making $20 a month. They sold the phone to you (BECAUSE YOU SIGNED A CONTRACT) for $200. That means up front they lost $400.

It will take the company 20 months to make up for the loss. Guess what... at that point you are up for an upgrade AGAIN! The companies have to have things like activation fees, and upgrade fees to continue to run, and pay for employees, etc...

now, how happy would you all be if you no longer had cell phones?!? Phones aren't cheap..

sorry if it is hard for you all to understand!!!

Happy Verizon Customer

It is so very sad that grown adults are to *** to read what you are signing for. Yes it takes a few minutes but had you read the contract you could have told them no way.

However excited to save a buck you signed away and now expect the company to let you out of the contract? I deal with home remodeling every day and have to contract the work with the customers. I have been doing these contracts for 15 years and about 95% of the customers just sign and dont look it over. I could put anything in the contract that would be held up in court.

I could contract that we are to burn their house to the ground and put their new products in my house and since it is signed and contracted guess what?

They are screwed! READ YOUR CONTRACTS BEFORE SIGNING!!!!

They are sales representatives. You know like..

car salesman, realtors, and *** doctors. They work on commission. Meaning they make a living off of what you do. So they can be dirty.

Next time... read the fine print. And the $70 on your first bill was a activation fee and they prorated the $9.99 so depending on when you signed the other contract, it could be almost 2 full months that you paid for. Plus tax.

So other than that if it was a basic phone.. $9.99 x 24 = $240 + $35 (activation fee) = $275. Thats cheaper than the price of the phone. But now that you've canceled it is more expensive then just buying the new phone.

And FYI..

whichever carrier that you go to unless it is a prepaid phone, there are going to be activation fees and contracts. Don't expect your first bill to be what they quote because it will be prorated and there will be taxes.

They are sales representatives. You know like..

And FYI..

View more comments (3)
ID
#302008 Review #302008 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Dallas, Texas