Verizon wireless stole money

any unused money on a prepaid account with Verizon wireless at the end of the billing cycle is stolen from you and your account deleted. just so you know. the Verizon wireless operators are rude, unhelpful, socially inept, and severely less than knowledgeable. in order to get any help what so ever you have to be way beyond the point of pissed off. good luck to you. I would truly suggest you find another wireless provider. I myself will go on a personal campaign to find and promote a company that will do what they say and say what they do. it may be naïve, but there has to be one.
Dover, Delaware

Verizon Wireless Horrible None Service

I have had Verizon for more than 12 years. I have been trying to add a line since 12/23. I have been hung-up on more times than I can count-no one calls me back but they are my current provider so they even have my number. When I got through finally tonight 1/4 the person who answered could not put the NEW phone I bought in July to a new line when I demanded an explanation he simply disconnected me. When I tried to call again I just kept getting the recording we don't give a *** we're all busy. I am currently paying for six lines so you can imagine my regular bill now and I'm trying to add a line and this is service?? My brother is totally hostile regarding Verizon because of the bad service he's gotten-he went to ATT. I don't want to change all of the number but this has to be the worst service from any company on earth except Dell. I will try again tomorrow but if the service is bad again I will move all of my service to ATT. Good luck Verizon - you are the worst and I've had Verizon since 2000.
Los Angeles, California

Ripped off by Verizon

I purchased two phones at local store the store was very unprofessional when trying to return phones.I would not suggest them to anybody.Returned two phones within 14 day.trial period.Verizon is trying to bill over $500.00.Git phones from a local dealer in Burlington Wi.They said they never took back one of the phones never returned the in house insurance money either.Verizon will do nothing very rude.After this experience I hope everybody reading this decides not to get service through them.They have a screw the customer were a big company attitude.Thanks for reading this.
Saukville, Wisconsin

Billing nightmare!!!!

I had a phone replaced through Verizon Wireless about 2 months ago. They sent the phone with a box and shipping label to use with the return. I sent it back following the instructions they gave me and now they say they haven't found the phone in their system or received it and are now not only charging me for the phone (which I sent back exactly like they said to do) but they are charging me twice. This has to stop. I sent the thing back but they still want to charge me. I have talked to numerous people about it and nothing has been except to send me to a different person who inevitably does the same. They also charged me taxes according to the $1400.00 they are charging me for the phone which equals $83.00 per month for 2 months now and not only will they not credit it back to me but they want to shut off my service because it created a past due balance. So pissed off right now. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!! Total rip off
Fenton, Missouri

Verizon salespeople refusing service

Yesterday I went to verizon corporate store by the festival in Bel Air,Md. My husband and I are in our thirties and we have children I didn't want the new IPhone we wanted the 4s everyone told us it's a great phone. The condescending manager came over and asked us why we didn't want the 5c or 5 s we said its .99 cents for the 4s plain and simple. At that point he tells us we should go to walmart and get the phones and we despise walmart no thanks. At that point they booted us off the list we didn't know that they did that....so we were waiting wtf.....finally two hours we've been there a salesman comes over and says that he is committing suicide and we are *** his numbers. Yes he said ***. He was telling us to go to walmart blah blah blah at that point we said fine when I walk out that door I'm calling customer service and making a complaint then he changed his tune .never has a company refused a sale unbelievable
Bel Air, Maryland

Overcharged by Verizon

We signed up for Verizon Home Fusion Broad band service for our new residence in a rural area. We went to the Verizon Store at Central Park in Fredericksburg Va and talked to a salesman about this service. He assured us that if all we do is surf the internet with out downloading, or streaming movies (which we don't do) that the 10GB/month would be more than sufficient for us. Well, we kept getting overage alerts so I called Verizon and upgraded to the 20GB/Month plan to avoid any overages. At that time she stated that we would not be billed for the overages that had occurred on the 10GB/month plan. Now I get my bill today and it is $680.08. I call Verizon and want an explanation. They tell me these are valid useages and that they show 9 devices connected to my wireless router. I explain that I don't even have 9 devices so that is impossible.I tell them I want to cancel because this is ridiculous and nobody in their right mind can afford an internet bill of this nature per month. I asked them to waive the early termination fee of $330 because if I have to pay this ridiculous bill I am already paying that twice over. They refuse to waive the fee or adjust my bill. This is an outrage! Why are they allowed to rip people off like this? I know they are trying to rip me off by saying that we used 86GB in one month. With our new internet provider we only use 1.8GB/month and are doing nothing different.

For all the non tech people out there. It sounds like you did not set up a password to your connection and anyone can access it.

If a kid connects to it and plays his xbox to it and your over on your usage you are responsible for it.

if any company waived all the fees and usage for every customer that complains, there would not be any company in business. your lack of understanding does not constitute an emergency and loss on the company that sells you the equipment and service.

@PissedConsumer792267

okay Mr brains there was a password setup

maybe if they would remedy the issue then they wouldn't get so many complaints.. let's send you an $800 a month bill and see what you do about it :eek

Same thing here .... we just got fusion last week.

Within 32 hours our 10 gb plan had reached 9.5gb used! The customer service reps have told conflicting stories. Canceling today!

A rip off for sure!

I'm having the same problem. I normally usE 5 MG, now it is 8-9, they are not doing anything to correct the problem.

I hang up on a Tech today that kept saying the say old thing, "Verizon does not do that" My question then how are you going to solve the problem. They are either slowing down my WIFI PACK so use more data. Again the Tech, with the same "Verizon does not do that", so how many time are you going to tell me that I said to him.... a broken recording :( ?

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO FIX THE PROBLEM??????? :(

@PissedConsumer769431

They won't do anything to fix it. They will keep claiming that you use all this data and keep billing you for it. That is why I dumped them and will not go back to them again.

View more comments (4)
Germantown, Maryland
Loss

Told me I would have features then did not back promises and information

To Verizon, I have been absolutely disgusted with Verizon Wireless and their representatives with respect to my account, promises made, information given to me, and resolution of an ongoing issue with my account. I have been forced to call in to call centers 13 times. Every time I have called the representatives have acknowledged that Verizon Wireless was in the wrong and I have been told that they would personally handle my case and get to a resolution that worked for me as an ongoing customer. I have been a customer with Verizon for over a decade now and in the past have retained service with your company even outside of contracts because of the service coverage Verizon offers. In the past I have had other issues with charges and services but have been able to resolve them or else been stuck with Verizon because of service coverage. The current issues have been escalated many times and I have been told repeatedly that 360 Feedback Reports were launched and that an Operation Supervisor would contact me personally to resolve the issues created by Verizon representatives. It is information and promises made to me by Verizon wireless representatives that have brought us to this point. When I decided to purchase a new handset I was forced into a new two year contract. At that point against my will and in protest by me my plan was also switched. I indicated that I wanted to retain my old plan but would sign a new two year agreement. I was promised that the new plan was better suited to my needs and would work out better for me. Before expiration of my 2 week worry free guarantee I recognized that this was not the case and indicated I would like to return the equipment and go back to my no contract previous plans. I was made promises that by logging my complaints and issues that if I would just give the plan some time I would see it will work out but could go back to previous plans if problems persisted. When the problems persisted I called in less than 2 months later saying I still wanted to return to my old plan and return the unwanted handset. At this point a supervisor in the Ukiah, Ca store offer me a plan since I had been a customer over a decade where for $60/month (Customer Loyalty Plan) I would have unlimited calling, unlimited text, 2GB of data usage and all features associated with the new IPhone5 including mobile Hotspot. Hesitant based on past and recent experience I agreed to the information and promises this representative made to keep my business and keep me in the IPhone5 and contract they had sold me. A few months later when I had a need for my mobile Hotspot I found it inoperable. When I called in to make it functional I was told I did not have it. I corrected the representative telling them that I had been told I would have it. From here Verizon’s complete lack of professionalism, inability to stand behind promises and information relayed to me by representatives, lack of customer service, continued denial of an issue, threats, ignoring me in contradiction to promises, and mistreatment began. After 13 calls talking to representatives and their supervisors and being told I would be called back not one time did any Verizon rep or supervisor call back to make right on the situation that has been created by erroneous promises and information from Verizon. It seems that Verizon just made promises and told me what I wanted to hear to get me off the phone and hoped I would go away or be forgotten. As mentioned 360 feedbacks and email were logged and I was guaranteed that an Operations Supervisors would make right where I had been wronged. Every time I called the representatives acknowledged it was Verizon that was in the wrong yet the only solutions they offered were for me to pay more money. Keisha a supervisor from the South Carolina call center finally agreed to give a plan for $70 that would have unlimited call, unlimited text, 4 GB of data and hotspot and charges would not go in excess of $70 /month or $75 with taxes and fees. She even offered me a $60 credit of $10 a month for the first 6 months to offset the difference of my loyalty plan and the new plan she had me on. In addition she said my hotspot would be made active retroactively and I could begin using it immediately and apologized for the wrongs. Again I told her I was hesitant because of past experience but she made promises that she was taking person accountability for this and would monitor my account and ensure it went smoothly from there on. Against my better judgment I trusted Verizon again. As soon as I hung up I tried my Hotspot which again did not work. In addition when I logged into my account I noticed my charges were $110/month. Confused and angry I called back in and was told again that yet another Verizon representative had given me wrong information. That she had overseen a $40 line access fee. I again told them that this was unacceptable and that it needs to be made right. I have continued to call and be polite and professional in the face of lies and promises unfulfilled from Verizon and their representative. I am disgusted and appalled by the way Verizon has handled this situation. It is criminal the way Verizon has managed this situation and issues never taking accountability for the promises and information I have been given by their representative. I feel robbed and molested that I am subjected to giving my earnings over to a company that continues to mistreat me and be unresponsive to their own wrong doings. I essentially feel that they are using the current contract to steal from me by forcing me to continue to pay them for services not rendered as promised. I only agreed to contracts and plans based on what Verizon and their representatives have told me. I would not recommend that any person I know or do business with conduct any business with Verizon or their affiliates if this is the way they handle their customers and business. I work for a large corporation myself and at no time would we treat one of our clients in this fashion, especially a client with who we have been doing business successfully for over a decade. It is the customer and their financial contributions and recommendations that build a successful worldwide corporation. Giant businesses that feel they are so secure by their size that they can mistreat clients are bound for failure and should be dismantled and allow other companies that seek to do ethical client oriented business to blaze the paths of success. I feel that the only fair resolution of this situation and ongoing issue, that I have done everything in my power to resolve, is for Verizon to make right on the promises made. I should be given my $60 unlimited talk, unlimited text, 2 GB of data plan with the use of my mobile hotspot. If Verizon cannot make right on the promises and information given to me by their company representatives then it is Verizon who is in breach of contract and I should be free to seek service with another provider whom I feel will treat me the way a customer should be treated. I do not see how ethically, in good business practice or in good faith we can continue a professional/business relationship if I cannot trust Verizon as a provider and they cannot make right on the promises and information given to me by the company and its affiliates. The fact that I have had to do all the work here and continue to spend my time resolving your issues further exasperates the situation. I have at no point been rude or discourteous to any of the representatives or supervisors I have had to deal with as I over and over again tell the story and I am told by Verizon yes it is they that are in the wrong but still it is I who will not get an equitable solution. I feel hopeless that Verizon will be any better than they have proven to me so far. I begin to wonder what other legal or business options I have to attempt to negotiate a resolution to this situation. Please have someone with the proper authority and knowledge call to rectify this account and my issues. We cannot continue down this current path. Verizon should have more pride in themselves as a company and their clients than to handle business in this manner. I have spent excessive time and resources on my end to explain and justify the situation I have encountered with your company. The negligence and lack of acknowledgement is beyond unprofessional. As I have been told and assured all these details have been documented in my account and all the phone calls recorded. It should be easy for a Verizon Operations Supervisor to review my case records, notes, and recordings to understand and correct the situation that was created by Verizon. I eagerly look forward to an amicable resolution that satisfies both myself and Verizon and offer you the chance to retain the business and recommendations of a customer that has been with Verizon for over a decade contributing thousands of dollars to build the company to where it is today. It is on the back of customers that Verizon is built and develops and without these customers Verizon does not exist. Severely disgruntled and awaiting resolution, Customer Service Call History: Representative Manager Call Center Nicole Joseph Alfreda, Georgia Debbie Shamira Mobile, Al Natasha Keisha S. Carolina Chris Ben Robert Salt Lake City, UT Whitney Kendra Tennessee Scott Garrett Colorado Christy would not give me a supervisor Washington Federal Way Center Debbie Cloey California Erik William Washington St. Seattle Matt Joyce Tucson Patricia Connie Brookes, Jamal Tampa Vanessa Tracy, Justin Washington St

I recently had a new Samsung Galaxy S3 sent to the local Verizon store because my phone wouldn't hold a charge. It was sent to them for free under manufacturer warranty.

When I went in to pick up my new phone the guy working told me he would go ahead and transfer all of my photos, contact, messages, etc. onto my new phone. There was an SD card and memory card in my phone. After 30 minutes of my phone transferring all of my stuff onto the new phone, he handed it to me and said it was all done.

I looked on my phone and only had 16 pictures. I said to the guy "hey man, all of my pictures aren't here." He said "they should be there since you have an SD and Memory card." I had to leave to get my daughter from school but he reassured me that they were somewhere on my phone and to look when I got home. I looked when I got home and they are nowhere to be found. I am extremely upset since there were years of photos on there of my kids, family, etc.

I have spoken to four different customer service reps and they have all told me that my pictures should be on my phone. I went back into the Verizon store that did the transaction and asked them to help me find my pictures. It had only been less than 24 hours. I asked them if they already shipped my old phone back and they said that they did and that they had NO WAY of getting my old phone back to retrieve my pictures.

I am so pissed and think Verizon shouldn't hire incompetent customer service representatives that don't know how to do their job completely.

To them it's not a big deal but to me it's a major deal when they have deleted or lost years worth of my photos and memories that I apparently can NEVER get back. Is there something I'm missing here or something that they can do to help me get me my pictures back?

Wow ... That was a lot.

I'm pretty sure the representatives have no control over how much a plan costs. So I imagine it's hard for them to resolve when you are given bad info by someone else.

I hope this works out somehow. I think kind of thing happens no matter what company you are with

View more comments (1)
Los Angeles, California

Verizon wireless

been with Verizon since we have had cell phones maybe 13 years? Decided to go with tmobil and thought the upgrade date and the renewal date was the same. IT IS NOT! It's a few weeks short and we wanted to keep our numbers so we though we will just pay for the last month and be done. Well appearently when u keep the numbers they close the account before they open the new one. So after 13 years with Verizon they have charged us a disconnect fee of 300.00 and sent it to a collection agency and put it on my credit report! That's how they treat you when u leave. If I change again I will NOT go back to Verizon. I think it's pretty low!OH then I get a letter saying that they owed me like 300.00 so I called and they confirmed it so about a month later I called back to see what was going on and they said they made a mistake and credited my accout with someone elses payment and then turned mine over to collections! So if u leave make sure you leave no stone unturned!
Columbus, Ohio

Verizon is obviously Anti-Military and Theives

?11/?06/?2013 Verizon is obviously anti-military. My story, as I am learning is just one of many horror stories the military has faced upon dealing with Verizon. How frustrating that our soldiers work so hard to fight for our country, to be forced to deal with businesses that have no appreciation for them whatsoever. We are really shocked at how we have been treated throughout this whole ordeal. We have been Verizon customers since before they were Verizon (back when they were still Alltel). I had always enjoyed my services with them and as a result extended my services with them to include home phone and cable when we lived in an area that provided such. We had always had our account set up for automatic payment because we were aware of the amount and found this feature to be conveinent. In the 11 years with our service with them, we were never late on any bill. In early August 2013, we were stationed in Fort Polk, Louisiana. Upon our arrival with our 3 children one of which was our 2 month preemie, we quickly realized our wireless service did not work in this area. On August 5th, 2013, I contacted Verizon and ask what were my options. They explained that they were aware of the situation in our area and had no problem releasing us from our contract with no early termination fees (ETF), due to the circumstances. The represenative even explained how to port my number over to another carrier, so that my number of 11 years wouldnt have to change. I was very happy with the outcome and even surprised with how helpful they were. The represenative I spoke with, even sent his Verizon email, claiming should I have "any" problems, to contact him and he would make sure they were resolved. We recieved no further correspondence from Verizon. On September 7th, 2013, Verizon deducted $561 out of my account. We called them immediatly, I was told there were no notes of our being military and that I had cancelled my contract therefore was subject to early termination fees. Over the course of the following two weeks, I spoke to around 10-15 different represenatives. I was required to send in military documentation and address confirmation, I had to fax, forward, call etc. During those 1st two weeks I spent more than 20 hours on the phone with Verizon, sometimes on hold, sometimes dealing with represenatives that had no interest in helping resolve the situation. I spoke to one represenative that told me point blank, it was my own fault for not stopping the automatic payment, and didn't I get a bill". I explained that after my number was ported over to a local carrier, Verizon closed my account therefore rendering me unable to access my online billing account, therefore I had no idea this would happen. I also ask him, if I had stopped automatic billing how would that have stopped Verizon from claiming I owed something, that I obviously do not. One represenative refused to listen to me speak and would even claim that she couldn't hear me when I spoke, but her line miracously cleared whenever she wanted to speak. I tried contacting the original represenative, the one that had left the email. After almost a full week, he finally wrote back with some excuse about being on vacation and that he would forward to his supervisor. Finally, after weeks of phone calls, I was told they had verified that in fact I was military and lived in a location without service, therefore they would refund my money in 4-6 weeks! I explained to them this simply wasn't acceptable, they had taken our housing payment. We had just moved to the area and while awaiting housing had to live in a motel for a month and a half with three children, our account was dangerously low, when Verizon cleaned us out. We were scheduled to move into our home September 10th. We were forced to sale some of our household goods to make ends meet, while we awaited the return of "our" money from Verizon. Now today, is November 6th, 2013, we are 3 months into this ordeal with one day shy of being 2 months that Verizon still has our money. To date I have spoken to somewhere between 30-40 represeantives and have probably logged more than 100 hours on the telephone, being transferred to representavies, between departments, everyone passing the buck and no real resolution. On October 10th, 2013, Verizon claims to have deposited $500 of the $561 back into my account, they told me to expect it within 24-72 hours, days passed and nothing. I called again and again, each time I was given a new time when it would magically appear into my account. Once a customer service represenative did say that she could see that it had "not" processed because it was not submitted correctly, so I was then transferred back to financial services who claimed they did not see the error and it in fact was in my bank. I have contacted my bank and they have no information and or money from Verizon whatsoever. Finally I was told that it could take 3-15 "business" days to show in my account, because "some banks take longer", therefore making the deadline, November 1st,2013. No surpises it still isn't there. I called again on November 1st, 2013, were I was told they had in fact found the mistake in paperwork again, and in fact it had "never" been submitted, but it had been corrected and to expect our money within 24-72 hours. There again, today is November 6th, 2013 and still no money. I have spent yet "another" hour and a half on the phone with Verizon, it has been "escalated" again, now I am being told that I may recieve my money in 4-6 weeks once it goes through accounts payable. I am flabbergasted. I have gotten angry, cried, been patient and a host of other emotions all behind Verizon stealing money that wasn't theirs. We like most American families are trying to make ends meet, our preemie child, requires more financial care than the average baby, for obvious reasons. That situation alone is very stressful on our family, being a military family can be stressful, moving, uprooting our lives and having my husband deploy or being sent out on missions, all of it stressful, yet we have companies such as Verizon who with no care, compassion or gratitude for our situations, treats their customers this way. Now the holidays are upon us and there is no end in sight as to when we will actually have our own money back. The money my husband spent months away from his family and traveled to foreign lands, to fight for our rights as Americans to be treated fair and justly, and this is the treatment we have recieved from Verizon. Years of customer loyalty, and this is the end result. Hopefully, eventually, with God's grace we will have our own money back, but the real loss is the hours spent fighting for what was rightfully ours all along, could have been spent with my baby boy that was born 10 weeks too early and had to spend six of those in neonatal intensive care. That they can never repay. The sad truth is after sharing my story with other military families, I have learned our story is far from original. Apparently, Verizon has a reputation for not caring for their military families. I will certainly do my part to share our story to hopefully prevent others from dealing with such a terrible company.
Leesville, Louisiana
Loss

Verizon E-recycle program taking advantage of Verizon customers and Verizon is allowing it!

WATCH OUT for the E-Recycle program through Verizon! Terrible program and they will completely take advantage of you. I called the 877# four times to get assistance regarding the 4s that I sent in spent a total of about 2 hours on the phone to accomplish nothing! The phone appraised at $210 but after they received it they only want to give $37. Seriously ..... $37, no I don't think so. The phone was in Excellent condition when it was sent in, we even had insurance on the phone to replace it if something was wrong with it. Used the phone up to the day I received the I5 sent it in the provided Verizon approved e-recycle package, followed all directions just to get screwed. This will not happen to us! I have been a verizon customer for 30 years, this is ridiculous. The e-recycle will not speak to you, after 3 calls I was finally informed that I will NEVER get a call from them that they will only reply via email. It has been almost 2 weeks since my initial call to them and still no EMAIL. SO OBVIOUSLY THEY WILL NOT PHONE OR EMAIL. I asked the woman on the third call if she was in a verizon building, I wanted to know if this was just an answering service or another company contracted by Verizon, she stated to me that was a very odd question and why would I ask such a thing. I told her I wanted to know, she then said yes, I am in a Verizon building. After speaking to a supervisor, on the 5th call I find out, she was a complete liar, those people are NOT IN A VERIZON BUILDING AND DO NOT WORK FOR VERIZON. This experience has been absolutely horrible and warn everyone NOT TO USE VERIZON E-Recycle program. I called Verizon, actual verizon, and the employee was flabbergasted by what I had told him and said there must be a misunderstanding. He stated that i without doubt be able to get my phone back which e-recycle said was impossible and that $37 was unacceptable and he could see we used the phone till the day we received the 5 and e-recycle said it would not power on, seriously. So the Verizon employee call e-recycle and was treated the exact same way, they refused to speak to me so he had to go back and forth with me on hold and ask questions, he apologized many times and said he too did not understand their policies. I wanted to share with anyone who has verizon and will be posting this EVERYWHERE regarding the horrible customer service and how this e-recycle program that Verizon is promoting is a complete scam. I will be contacting an attorney as well, this can not keep happening to people, what if someone doesn't have email, only has their phone for emergency and can't afford the extra cost of internet and email service, what then!?!?!?! This is just horrible service and taking advantage of Verizon employees and Verizon is letting it happen! Shame on you Verizon for treating your long term customers this way. Verizon customers Beware!!!

I have been dealing with this same *** since Oct 10, 2014. I received the confirmation email about them receiving my Iphone and would be doing a complete inspection of the phone.

I then received an email stating that I indeed would be getting the quoted $200 for the Iphone in 4-6 wks. THAT STILL HAS NOT HAPPENED AS OF 2/3/15! I have REPEATEDLY contacted the 877# and them through emails. Their representatives consistently give my the run around saying they will "resend" the gift card but it will take 7 days to complete.

Well, their 7 days must not be what society calls 7 days! Don't know why, but I am giving this representative ONE MORE CHANCE to get this right!

My next course of action will be to see an attorney even if that costs me money. I will most definitely be contacting the BBB.

Try iReTron for Cell phone recycling. I got $17 for a phone I couldn't give away.

I just had EXACTLY this happen to me today! Same phone.

Same Quote. Same amount actually given. My 4s was also in perfect, working condition. I was also told I would receive a response via email.

I could have sold it to a friend for much more than they are giving me. I'm calling the BBB.

@PissedConsumer787205

Don't give up!!

View more comments (3)
Livonia, Michigan
Loss

Misleading rebate details at point of purchase/sale

Robin Jacobson Lampe Dear Verizon, I’m crying foul on your rebate service. I only bought the phone I bought because of the rebate. The smooth salesman was very good about stressing to me that I could “only submit the rebate forms AFTER 14 days,” which was fine since our family was leaving on vacation the very next day. He said this no fewer than four times while he took my credit card, and even wrote it at the top of the form. In my head, I only understood I needed to wait to submit the form. Never once did he mention that there was a 30-day deadline for submitting it. And of all the bold or upper cased copy on the rebate form, the deadline is in the middle of the very full page of text, only near where you sign your name after completing the form. So, I was a bit beyond 30 days and now have been refused the rebate. I’m curious now, too, if this deadline was shared prominently on the rebate advertising in the store. I would encourage you to improve marketing, communications and clarity related to this and also would like my submission to be reconsidered. Thank you.

So.. A mistake occurs and suddenly the salesman is "smooth". As if you not getting your rebate somehow benefits him... Gimme a break.

I'm also hearing that the deadline was in printed English words on the form and because you failed to read it that means you were swindled in some way?

Got it...

Des Moines, Iowa

VERIZON PLANTED A FALSE NEGATIVE ON MY CREDIT REPORT !!!

In late Winter, 2009, a criminal organization out of Missouri, was pushing contracts for a another racketeering outfit, ALLTEL. The Organized Crime outfit in Missouri, is / was RUSSELL CELLULAR. They were pushing 2-year contracts for ALLTEL. I signed up. ***. I should have done my homework. I have a research background. But, at the time, I never suspected that an organized crime outfit would BRAZENLY do business in a little town. But, they were. I gave the saleswoman at the RUSSELL CELLULAR $400+ US dollars. FOR NOTHING. I discovered about 30 minutes later, that I had NO SERVICE. What I did not know, and could not have known, was that the racketeering outfit, ALLTEL was selling contracts for an area, they knew they did not cover !!!!! AT EXACTLY the same time, the media/communications and extortion GIANT, VERIZON, was absorbing ALLTEL. You may imagine the effort I went to, to get my money back. NOTHING DOING. I was thrown out of RUSSELL CELLULAR's STORE in GROVE, OK !!!! BANNED !! RUSSELL CELLULAR WILL NOT CLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY !! THEN, I discovered two years later, that ***VERIZON*** had placed, FALSELY, a negative mark on my valuable credit history !!!! VERIZON'S CRIMINALITY KNOWS NO BOUNDS. EXTORTION, RACKETEERING, you name it, VERIZON is into it. They make the Gambino Crime Family look like Sunday School Teachers !!!!! I talked to THREE VERIZON EXECUTIVES about this black blip two years ago. The last *** wouldn't even return my calls. What sweet and kind people they are. I really wouldn't doubt anything they are accused of. VERIZON believes they are EXEMPT from the Laws of Man, and the Laws of God Almighty. I will post against VERIZON as long as I live. And you can make book on that.
Tyler, Texas

Verizon Rebate Offer has to be a deliberate scan

Three times now I have made a Verizon purchase with a rebate offer, filled it out and religiously checked off every scrape of paper they want and sent the package. Three times now I have received a rejection notice due to missing some required items, which always includes the package UPC code. I just did a search on the internet for complaints from others on this problem of Verizon failing to honor the financial incentives they bait us with to buy their products, and found a LOT. Some smart law firm is going to pick up on this and form up a class action suit to get Verizon to clean up their act. Til then I plan to file a complaint with BBB and the Federal Consumer Credit Bureau and any other government agency that has some possible jurisdiction and interest.
Issaquah, Washington

Verizon Silently Denies Refund for Excessive Charges

I was considerably overcharged by Verizon wireless for a minutes overage. The minutes should have been applied to a "friends and Family" program that is within my contract. I called to complain and after an hour on the phone, most of which was on hold, I was refunded most of the overage charges. The rep informed me her manager had approved the refund and I would receive it within 24 hours. Two days later no refund. I contacted their chat support this morning to see when the charges would be reversed. They informed me than another manager had denied the refund without any explanation or without contacting me about the issue. This kind of service has been common in the 14 years I've been a Verizon Wireless Customer. They constantly change their deals, contacts, etc after the fact. A few examples: -Punishing customers who choose Verizon's Unlimited data plans. First their was bandwidth throttling, then they just decided to prevent customers from receiving the contract price for a hone at upgrade. That iPhone 5 new customers get for $199 costs existing customers $234 (after upgrade fee) and Unlimited data customers $699. This would be fine but the reason Verizon says we can get iPhones and other smartphones for $200 is that remaining costs of that $699 (retail) device is subsidized by the contract. But... if you pay full price for the phone, you don't get that subsidy removed from your bill - it's still there to the tune of about $22/month extra. -Implementation of Upgrade fees which are another example of negative incentives for loyal customers. -The reduction and then elimination of their "New Every Two" customer loyalty discount program. They just decided not to honor it one day even though it was in the contract. Here's the chat log from my grievance. As you'll note, Verizon acknowledges that I was told I would receive a refund. ******* Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless. Your Chat Session ID is RT141354****. My name is Jessica, how may I assist you? Jessica: I haven't heard from you in a while. Would you like to continue chatting? Tom: I was told by a customer care representative two days ago i was receiving a $94 refund for overage charges. She said it could take 24 hours to credit, that was almost 48 hours ago. please help. Jessica: I'm happy to take a look into that for you today Tom! Tom: ty Jessica: For security purposes, may I please have your billing password? Your billing password is up to 5 characters long. Tom: xxxx Jessica: Perfect! Thank you Jessica: It will be just a few moments Jessica: I've looked through the account thoroughly and it looks like the credit had been denied by the representatives supervisor. We do always want to make sure that we are fixing any errors made by Verizon, but with overages, we typically aren't able to issue any credits as they aren't a Verizon Wireless error. I'm very sorry if she had led you believe that there was a better chance of getting that credit than there was Tom: that is unacceptable. she checked with her suporvisor before issuing the credit. Tom: I guarantee Verizon will lose me as a customer as my contracts end Tom: I spend nearly $3,000 a year. This is horrible service. If there was an issue with the credit shouldn't I have been contacted? Jessica: I'm terribly sorry, I wish that there were more that we could do! I am certainly going to be lifting up feedback on the representative to make sure that this does not happen again. The notes that she had left did not indicate that she had approval to make such an exception at the time of credit. Whenever credits are denied, the supervisor is to reach out to the customer, but it is possible that the supervisor just hadn't had a change to reach out to you yet Tom: I am copying this chat log and will be publishing it along with detailed account of my experiences with your company on The Rip Off Report, Consumer Complaints.org and you tube. Tom: I was lied to. End of story. Tom: Then no one reached out to explain the problem. Jessica: It can take up 24 hours for the supervisor the receive the request and then they try as best they can to make a call within the next day or two. We as a company want to make sure that we are providing the best service we can to our customers and that includes giving the most accurate information. I am definitely going to be lifting this up to ensure that we don't have a situation like this again. I am very sorry that this had happened Tom: I was on hold for 15 minutes while she was getting authorization from her supervisor. The agent did not act independently. Tom: Verizon never provides the best of anything. Highest charges, maybe, but not the best.

That phone an existing customer pays $234 for is actually $239 for a new customer, which includes the activation fee of $35. Existing customers pay a $30 upgrade fee instead.

You don't say if the numbers in question that were "supposed" to be on your friends and family list actually were...if they were not, you are not entitled to any credit for overages. If it was actually wrong and the numbers WERE on your friends and family list, then Verizon should have given you a credit.

Since they didn't, I'm going to assume they weren't on the list, you only thought they were or added them after the fact. Take responsibility for your own actions.

Loss

Verizon Wireless sales rep told me I'd keep my unlimited data, but I lost it.

I have had an unlimited data plan from Verizon since 2010. I know that they no longer offer new customers unlimited data but my understanding was that existing customers can keep it (if they specifically ask). During my upgrade, the associate who was working with me (Adam) asked if I wanted to remain on my 2GB data plan. I told him, no, I have an unlimited plan. And he said, "Oh, ok, I see that! You've got it." So I walked away assuming I was fine. Flash forward to a few weeks later, and I get my bill which says I have 2GB of monthly data. What? I called Verizon to find out what was going on. They told me there is an unadvertised deal where if you trade in your phone within 2 weeks (I traded mine in day of), and ask to keep your unlimited data, they will do it. After 2 weeks you're SOL. I said that I asked to keep my data AND gave up my phone, and this still hasn't been fixed. I am furious to have lost my unlimited data because of an inept Sales Associate. I have spoken with the store manager, the district manager, and several phone customer service reps, but have only been given empty apologies ("I'm sorry you feel that way") and have been offered nothing. One phone representative told me that it was basically my fault for signing a contract. I agree that I did sign a contract agreeing to 2GB data, but that was only after my sales rep told me I would keep my data. I asked if I should expect Verizon Sales Associates to lie to me about policies during a sale and she didn't answer that. I have been told that unlimited data is only available if you purchase a phone at retail price (or get a refurbished one from ebay or something), but I know that is not true because someone else on my family plan upgraded to a Samsung S4 for $200 AFTER I did my upgrade and was able to keep unlimited data. Anyone who has unlimited data on Verizon, YOU CAN KEEP IT when you upgrade if you speak to the right person. If someone tells you that you can't, ask to speak to a manager or go to another store.

To Verizon,

Severely disgruntled and awaiting resolution,

Customer Service Call History:

@PissedConsumer745578

God you are a ***! No wonder no-one was willing to help you. *** ***

View more comments (1)
ID
#442081 Review #442081 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Lawrence, Kansas