Verizon Wireless Reviews

Show reviews that mention
phone verizon service customer service customer bill account store number phones
Filter review

Too expensive and poor customer service and no support for phone mechanical problems

My son's samsung continum will not charge because the part of the phone that holds the cord has to be jiggled a certain way. He has not been abusive to the area on the phone or abusive to the phone. It has a scratch on the screen. Verizon says they can't replace it because it has the scratch on the screen. They say I need to pay the $99.00 insurance deductible if I want a new phone. I told them that I was not doing that. They should replace the product for free or fix it. The phone is less than a year old. I am pissed. I am leaving Verizon as soo as his contract is up and would advise others to do so as well. They are too expensive anyway.
Baltimore, Maryland
Junior Reviewer

Verizon Wireless

If everyone would look at their old bills, before oct 2011, you will see that they are now charging you what seems less for service, but in reality you are getting hammered! I had a contract that was for 700 min voice and unlimited txt for $90.00 plus even though I was on a family plan- which means more than 2 phones, or at least 2- but my other phone costs $9.99 so my total bill was $99.99...my bill has been $111.60, alot more than I wanted to pay but lowest in plan, ok now you look at your bills now and you are being charged $9.99 for each phone and by the time Verizon taxes you to death you are paying $16.38 a phone!!!!! then if you look over what they are charging you they say that $2.99 is for sales tax for Ohio? last time I looked, after living in Ohio all my life the tax was $.07, and taxing $9.99 is not $2.99 it is $.69!!!!!! Don't call the low guys on totem pole go for FCC, PUCO will not do anything and there is another one that phone companies want you to call in Ohio is OCC, well that is their company, go right for FCC. Make them see they are charging you toooo much.....we can't afford to be put thru the wringer, especially when you are on a fixed income you don't have that to just give over..... Verizon gave up the $2.00 charge tooo easy, now they are reaming you with their little charges and then tripling our Ohio taxes.......read your bill very carefully.....they say it looks like this cause it is new, no they are trying to hide little charges that you won't look at.....please......

These are so sad all these stories. I will speak with them before I call BBB and a attorney. Very sad.

Canton, Ohio

LIARS AND THIEFS

Last year I had a cell phone that had a cracked screen, so the phone needed to be replaced. So stopped by the local verizon store and the full price on my phone was $399 (which was the full price without a contract). Since my husband and I have a contract already, and the "customer service" person (I use that term very loosely) stated there was a way to off-set some of the costs we would need to pay that day. We paid $275 while in the store, the "customer service" person had us add an extra line which in a year we would be done with and that way we could spread out the $125 over that year. Well here is what really happed. The first bill we recieved with the additional line was for an additional $70 not the $9.99 as stated. The line would not be done in a year it was a new contract that we had to keep the line until Sept 2013, which means what people lets do the math.....$300 for this addtional line so that would have me paying $575 for the phone that was listed as $399. In talking with Verizon "customer service" and I talked with Genesis....Dean and Thomas....all agreed that there was something funny with this situation and per Dean I could cancel the line....now not one of these people said anything about a cancellation fee...which on my bill today is for $173.25, just for this extra line I have never used, do not have a phone for it. You would think that if there was going to be a cancellation fee that either Genesis, Dean or Thomas would have mention it in our conversations?????? So talking with "Customer Service" again today I was told that they are sorry, but I signed a contract that hold me liable. They are right I signed a contract but only with the knowledge of "false" information. So they said they will do nothing to assist a customer that has been with them for more than 15 years and has always paid their bill on time. So they would rather lose a reliable customer, than to assist them in anyway. So what I have learned is that their EMPLOYEES are allowed to lie and mislead the customers and they are not held accountable. There is something seriously wrong with this picture and this company.

Okay, so let's look at things the way they really are. I do not understand how any consumer can go into a store and think they are entitled to a free piece of equipment, when they have broken theirs.

How do you think the wirless companies get these phones?? Motorola, apple, and HTC just give them a free $750 device?! NOT THE CASE PEOPLE!!! These phones are expensive.

The wireless companies do resell them, but they are mainly selling the air time. They buy the phones at new full retail pricing, then it can take many months to begin making ANY profit off of the consumer. On top of that each line costs the company $40 or more to support, with tower costs, etc. A lot goes into it.

If you have ever owned your own business, you would know this. So think abou this.. An iPhone costs the company probably around $600.. Your plan you are paying for costs you $70 a month.

It costs the company $50 to run an iphone on the network, and possibly more if you use a lot of data. Therefore, the company is only making $20 a month. They sold the phone to you (BECAUSE YOU SIGNED A CONTRACT) for $200. That means up front they lost $400.

It will take the company 20 months to make up for the loss. Guess what... at that point you are up for an upgrade AGAIN! The companies have to have things like activation fees, and upgrade fees to continue to run, and pay for employees, etc...

now, how happy would you all be if you no longer had cell phones?!? Phones aren't cheap..

sorry if it is hard for you all to understand!!!

Happy Verizon Customer

It is so very sad that grown adults are to *** to read what you are signing for. Yes it takes a few minutes but had you read the contract you could have told them no way.

However excited to save a buck you signed away and now expect the company to let you out of the contract? I deal with home remodeling every day and have to contract the work with the customers. I have been doing these contracts for 15 years and about 95% of the customers just sign and dont look it over. I could put anything in the contract that would be held up in court.

I could contract that we are to burn their house to the ground and put their new products in my house and since it is signed and contracted guess what?

They are screwed! READ YOUR CONTRACTS BEFORE SIGNING!!!!

They are sales representatives. You know like..

car salesman, realtors, and *** doctors. They work on commission. Meaning they make a living off of what you do. So they can be dirty.

Next time... read the fine print. And the $70 on your first bill was a activation fee and they prorated the $9.99 so depending on when you signed the other contract, it could be almost 2 full months that you paid for. Plus tax.

So other than that if it was a basic phone.. $9.99 x 24 = $240 + $35 (activation fee) = $275. Thats cheaper than the price of the phone. But now that you've canceled it is more expensive then just buying the new phone.

And FYI..

whichever carrier that you go to unless it is a prepaid phone, there are going to be activation fees and contracts. Don't expect your first bill to be what they quote because it will be prorated and there will be taxes.

They are sales representatives. You know like..

And FYI..

View more comments (3)
ID
#302008 Review #302008 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Dallas, Texas

Unable to get verizon trade in gift card after trade in cell phone since August 2011

Update by user Feb 21, 2012

Thanks every one I finally got my $62 gift card from verizon. This matter is now closed

Original review posted by user Jan 20, 2012
I traded in my used cell phone after being told that i would recieve a gift card for 62 dollars in 2-3 weeks that was since August. Made numerous calls every other week without any success. I am tired of hearing, i put in another request you should recieve it in 2 to 3 weeks, or i send a message to my supervisor and some one will contact you with in 24 to 48 hours. Today is January 19 2012, no call no gift card. The lasttime i called was on the 16th Jan 2012. I am getting fustrated and planning to switch cell phone company iam tired of promises, they took my phone and no gift card yet. i have been a loyal verizon customer since the inception of cell phones i guess it is time to move on.

I was emailed telling me I can get $200.00 for my iphone 4S. It was in great shape.I sent it in and then get an email stating my phone was NOT in working order and they wanted to give me $36.00.

I have called twice and they said they will "escalate" my call to get resolved.

It has been over month and a half and I have called twice only to be told they are still checking on my claim. This is such BS...

I as well did not receive my promised $100 gift card and have called at least 10 times. They have "escalated" my complaint three times and someone is supposed to call me back but no one ever does.

I have unblocked all spam so there is no reason I shouldn't have received the email.

I would like to file a complaint in small claims court as this is completely unfair. Verizon sucks.

I sent in iphone in mail after they offered me 25 dollars more than the instore trade amt. guess what.

over one mo and no electronic gift card yet!

web site says 2-3 wks, called weekly after the 3rd week, same thing said supervisor to call in 72 hours.. no call back......will resend may take 2 more weeks, check your spam mail,,,,,I never got the first one, i check my spam senders before deleting.....the last call said they sent it on the day the other person confirmed they just received it in the mail......no sense.....i will make official complaint if not received before 2 wks....tell me if you got a special place to finally receive the money?

I am having the same problems with the trade in service --- its handled by Assurion and there is never anything they can do except "send another card"

View more comments (3)
Palm Springs, California

4G Wireless Ripoff selling USED equipment as New

I purchased a Verizon WiFi Hotspot device from 4G Wireless on 11870 Santa Monica Blvd. In Los Angeles, CA. They sold me a USED device as New. When it failed within 45 days of purchase, they would NOT honor an exchange and instead referred me to a Verizon Corporate store. Once at the Verizon Corporate store, they informed me that it is NO Longer under warranty since it was sold to me and I am NOT the original owner. They were kind enough to "Upgrade" me within 2 months of purchase for a mere $100.00 dollars. Nothing like getting taken within 45 days. SHAME on 4G wireless, outright fraud...CROOKS.

Hey D box, where is my Iphone I ordered and paid a 100 deposit for? Oh that's right your company didn't pay there bill, So they lie and say there is a problem with the shipping.

Im a DM for this company and I am about ready to quit. I have authorized lots of deals and dont think you have any truth in what you are saying.

You sound like an upset employee. I dare you to call me and complain about it. I can be reached at 949-648-**** but i dont answer blocked calls.

If you really have an issue then call customer service and complain rather than smear the name of my company. TAke it easy bro

View more comments (1)