Verified Reviewer

Destroyed SIM CARD

Very upset. I moved here from Canada and simply wanted a new sim card to put in my phone. First Verizon shipped my sim card to the wrong address. I called Verizon and I was told to go to a local store to get a new card. I went to the store and the CR put in the new sim card. I went to my car and realized that he didn't give me back my original Canadian sim card. Nor did he offer to give it back. I literally went back a minute later and asked him for my sim card. His response was that he put it in the shredder and that I can request a new sim card. Wow - just wow. That's not the point. It had all my information on it. I called Verizon and I was told by the supervisor through the call contact centre that they value security. I was transferred over to the store manager at Verizon and he admitted that it was human error and he apologized. However he said there was nothing he could do to remedy the situation. I am utterly disgusted. I then contacted my Canadian cell phone company and they said that he should not have done that as it was still an active service and had my contacts on the sim card. I will be switching to AT&T !

Contacts are NOT saved to a sim card!! All the sim card carries on it is your phone number, allowing you to connect to the network.

@PissedConsumer1644638

My Canadian service was still active which meant I could not use my Canadian service. And just so you know, he should have asked if I wanted my SIM card .

I should have been asked if I wanted my SIM card back. There was no apology. Just a smug - you can get a new one. You baking excuses for someone’s unacceptable behavior says a lot about the lack of customer service today.

I’m back in Canadian and with a Canadian service. Take care!!

View more comments (1)
ID
Jacksonville, Florida
Cons
  • Service
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Thieves

On 8/13/18 i went to a local verizon store to switch my straight talk phone to verizon. The man working told me jo problem and charged me $138, $35 for an activation fee, $35 for verizon sim card and $70 for one month of service. He then began setting up my phone and said oh i was afraid this was gonna happen. I was then informed my straight phone was locked and not able to be unlocked, so my choices were to buy a new phone at $400 or a used phone at $200, i told him when i went in i did not want to apend $400. So i asked him to refund my money and i would just keep my original phone he said this was impossible. Now my original phone is stuck on a setup screen I cant even get my contacts and verizon has my $138 plus the service was activated so i was charged with a service i can not use. Absolutely ridiculous.

If you were wise and gave them your credit card but did not receive the product(s) as promised, then just dispute the charge(s) and cancel your contract with Verizon as they were unable to actually provide any services due to their employees inability to do so. As for your original phone, you can try a couple of things: call the Straight Talk people and see if they have a solution for your locked phone screen.

Or, you can do a web search for this particular problem and a solution for it. I expect you are not the only person who has had this problem and there should be a solution out there.

ID
Hinesville, Georgia

No one honors their promises