Verizon Wireless Reviews

Show reviews that mention
phone service customer service customer bill account store number phones plan
Filter review
Advanced Reviewer

I am afraid I am done with Verizon

Too many lies, too many broken promises, too high monthly payments. These people have no shame. I was told when I signed up that they would waive the activation fee, well lo and behold the fee shows up on my first month's bill. I call them up about it and they refuse to take it off. They have also been sneaking in bogus charges on my monthly bill for months now. I know what they are up to. The customer service reps are rude as heck and one even hung the phone up on me once. I called back and demanded to speak to their manager and did. They always act like customers are a bother to them. Nevermind that the customer is why they are in business. Bye Bye Verizon!!

I BLAME MY VERIZON 4G FOR THAT DOUBLE POST. DAM VERIZON GOTO ***!!!!!

try going to walmart and getting the straight talk plan by tracphone. or take your phone to a bridge set it on rail and jump

so that's not the true story, you psycho? so it's safe to assume that your post is just fake. you don't even go out in public because you're always on here, you fat slob.

I am glad you were hung up on. It obviously taught you a lesson because the next time you went to Walmart and Wendy's you had good experiences most likely because you behaved yourself.

Hopefully other people have the guts to hang up on you or ignore your tantrums. You are the one who is rude as heck. You just got a taste of your own medicine.

Now that you know what it feels like you behaved your age (rather than like a second grader) at Wendy's and Walmart and they were all than happy to serve you. This complaint should be a compliment.

Could the reason that you expected to use Walmart for your personal phone calls from your sister have to do with your not having a cell phone?

You know since you say they like to lie, and because you have lied to us several times perhaps you should consider s job at Verizon? At least you can support your own self and don't need your husband to support you. Because trust me if he is going to put up with you any longer one day he may just put a gun to his head.

All I want is a phone that works. When I moved to Arkansas, I never received a single phone call on my phone except for telemarketing calls for Weight Watchers.

When I called Verizon and demanded to know why I was not receiving any calls except for telemarketers for Weight Watchers, he said that's because no body (except for the telemarketers from Weight Watchers) called me. IMPOSSIBLE!

People like me and want to talk to me. And the only reason I can guess that my phone hasn't rang is because Verizon is not allowing any of my friends to call me.

Not the story at all.

#482010

so here's what happened. Lea01 told the Verizon associates that she should get the activation fee waived because her husband works at Walmart Home Office as their lead janitor.

and Lea doesn't understand bills because her husband pays all of them. so when she saw that there were taxes on the bill, she called to argue even though that is a part of everyone's bill. the reps were fair to her and explained the charges to her. but Lea claimed that since her husband can clean their bathrooms for them, she should have the taxes waived.

then she decided to harass them even further so they hung up. good luck with your next cell phone service and have fun paying the cancellation fee for Verizon which also applies with other services. what will be your reason for that? your husband works at home office?

I haven't heard that one before. dumb *** you need to grow up.

View more comments (8)
ID
#319103 Review #319103 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Springdale, Arkansas

Verizon's Deminishing services

Verizon Wireless - Verizon's Deminishing services
My wife and I were with Verizon, our phone service for 6 years was great. april 28 2012 adjustments were made to their frequency output and our service's stopped, a representive we spoke to told us that our phones less than a year old were basically an experimental peice of garbage the raido's in them were never meant for 4G, so much for the thunderbolt's then tried to sell us another phone or a range extender to boost their signal for $300. The same night an update came to the phone to fix the problem but all the update did was give more power to the raidos, killing the battery quickly

I had a system update done and now my DROIDX 2 won't keep my wifi or 3g. Had hard reset done 4 times before they told me I needed a new phone.

I don't understand why I was sent a system update if this phone won't work with the update. I got nowhere and now have problems holding any kind of signal.

I am grandfathered in with unlimited everything. If I were to get a new phone I will lose my unlimited, which makes me wonder what that update was really about.

Greenville, South Carolina

Verizon - Lied to me

I've been a Verizon customer for 10 years. I dont know why I've stayed with them so long as I've had multiple problems with them. When it comes to customer service they are, by far, the worst company I've ever dealt with. About a year ago, I was having trouble with my phone. This was refurbished phone they sent me after my previous phone stopped working. I was eligible for an upgrade so I decided to try a smartphone. But, I wasn't sure it was going to be worth the extra $30 a month for the data plan. The sales person told me I did not have to keep the data plan and I could cancel it at any time. Well, guess what, I called yesterday and found out I can't cancel the plan. Verizon refuses to assume any responsibility for what it's employees tell someone. I guess the employees are really just independent contractors and do not actually represent Verizon so they are free to say whatever they want and Verizon will not stand behind what a customer is told. While on the phone last night, I repeatedly asked to talk to a supervisor. A supervisor was available the first time the person I was speaking with needed to ask them a question but as soon as I asked to speak with a supervisor, suddenly none were available. DO NOT DO BUSY WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Little Rock, Arkansas

Verizon Wireless- SCREWS you on your monthly bill!!!!

Verizon Wireless will tell you ANYTHING to get you to sign that two year contract!!!! I was advised that the 35.00 activation fee for 3 lines ($105.00) would be waived. When I recieved my first bill, There was a 35.00 activation fee for each line. I called up Verizon Customer Service and was advised by them that it was not possible to "waive" the activation fee and that these were "valid charges and you are obligated to pay them". The monthly service for 1400 minutes is 100.00 and the data package for 2 phones ( 2 GB each) is 30.00 per *** line. This company is complete *** and must get off on taking advantage of their customers and their hard earned money. *** Them.

Verizon makes you feel stuck. They sell 4g but currently only support 3g

Roanoke, Virginia
Loss

NO SERVICE FROM VERIZON AT HOME.

When we signed up for verizons family plan we were shown their coverage map which showed our home right in the center. Well no coverage at home or even within 2 miles of my home. Verizon says sorry, you must be in a dead zone. We know they make and verizon sells a device that increases signal in dead zones. We can't believe we have been told we have to buy the device for $200.00 just to get the service that they promised us and we pay for every month. Verizon is too big!! Totally out of touch with customers!!

My boyfriend and I both have Verizon. We have lived in the same house for 5 years.

He has no problem with coverage. I am unable to use my phone for anything at all now. I have had trouble for months and spoken to many techs.. all of my data was wiped out on one call and no one has been able to help.

My contract isn't up until next year.

I don't have insurance on my phone. I am not eligible for an upgrade for a year but my bf is. I have tried to use his upgrade to get myself a new phone. I spent an hour on line trying upgrade..

after all that work I was told that I had to do it by phone...

I have just had it with Verizon.. I am paying out the *** for *** :(

You should have taken advantage of VZW's return policy and asked for any restock fees to be waived. You obviously didn't do that.

Otherwise, you could have tried another carrier. There are websites where you can plug in your address and get reception rankings for your neighborhood. I did that when I still lived in California and chose Verizon Wireless because of their consistent coverage when other carriers had problems around the hills and mountains.

Of course, now that I'm in Texas, I have no reception problems. Do your research before committing.

View more comments (1)
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania

VZW Makes Me Want to Committ Suicide

Dear sweet, 8lb, golden diaper wearing, sweet little baby Jesus, give me the strength to not off myself thanks to the ridiculousness set upon me by the Verizon corporation. In March 2012 I received my HP Pavilion Netbook from Verizon. From the moment the machine arrived, there were issues. I immediately had difficulty with my Internet – I would periodically be booted from the connection, and there was no patter to identify the cause (time and place were not variables). Over the course of the next 6 weeks, I spent over 40 hours on the phone with Verizon trying to resolve this issue. I actually had 2 different con calls between myself, Verizon and HP to get to the bottom of all of this. When it was all said and done, I was FINALLY able to convince Verizon that I needed a new machine (shocker). This however, was not the headache, believe it or not. Since I had spent so much quality time on the phone w/ Verizon, they finally agreed to an $80 credit for my troubles. I even received an Email from accountnotifications@***.com, confirming my credit. Imagine my confusion, when a month a later, this credit did not appear on my billing statement. I contacted Verizon, and that is where it begins. I was told by the rep on the phone that there was no record of a credit having been issued. I offered to forward her the Email, but was told that I would need to PRINT AND FAX a copy of the credit confirmation to her. Interesting that I have to supply her with proof of my credit. I explained that I was in the hospital, and had been for several weeks, with my sick brother, and that access to a printer and fax machine was not possible. She told me that she could not issue the credit without "proof". As I tried to make sense of this, and point out to her the absolute malarkey she was throwing at me – she became angered and defensive. I said, "I just don't understand what happened to customer service. It's like you don't care that you make people want to poke their own eyes out". We went back and forth for a while, with her, "understanding" my situation. Really? What part of I don't have access to fax was unclear? Finally I said, "I hope if you have an issue with someone while you are also dealing with a sick family member, that someone offers you the same care and compassion you have shown me." She then accused me of threatening to harm her family and that she could file charges since this call was recorded. I simply replied, "If the calls are recorded, why not look up my tape from April 16th and listen for when the rep issues my credit" – she then hung up on me.
Middletown, Ohio

Verizon- Customer Service Run Around

We were supposed to receive a corporate customer discount when we began our cell service with Verizon. So, I went in to the Verizon store to set it up. The people there directed me to the website, which didn't work so I called customer service. It has now been five months of phone calls to try to get this discount processed. I have done everything that I have been asked to do but haven't seen results. Each time I talk to customer service they "sound" as though they are taking care of everything, but nothing ever actually happens. They simply say the things that they know will get me off the phone. If the cancellation fee wasn't so high, I would go back to ATT immediately.
Huntsville, Alabama

Verizon Smartpost and Horrible Customer Service

If you have complaints about Verizon wireless, please go to change.org and sign my petition. I think it's time we demand our rights because we are paying for these services . We should be in control of things we spend our money on. We make the companies what they are, they cannot thrive without us. If you are suffering at the hands of Big business let's take our control back, they work for us . We need to take our lives back . We should be in control of our future and demand what we want, instead of paying what they want us to.

hahahaha y u so mad 4 bro?????? you have a troubled childhood and going to take it out on verizon?

i joined this site and its a bunch of retards crying about the things they buy and then decide they dont like. you didnt even say why you didnt like verizon whats your complaint.

i got a solution for ya, switch phone companies. thank god i got my ged or id be making *** complaints too

To Ihatestupidcustomers, you must work for verizon, on the piece of *** salary they pay you to come on here and *** with other people. how much are they paying you to bend over? huh *** ***.

um.. could you at least shed a little light on what they did to you?

or are you just looking for attention? either that or you're just trying to get Verizon to have a bad name just because they wouldn't cut your bill in half for no reasoon.

View more comments (2)
Houston, Texas
Loss

Verizon in Gastonia NC Will Liee to YOU !!!

Once again Verizon has caused aggravation and troubles in my household ! I keep trying to persuade my spouse to LEAVE Verizon because EVERYTIME business is transacted in there store the Staff will "ASSURE" you everything is OK. However, invariably everytime there is the inevitable days on end of ensuing calls speaking to double talking Reps to get resolvement to everthing from Billing Plans, Equipment, Services, etc ... EVERYTIME !!! I truely hate to think the people in the Gastonia NC Sales/Service center are maliciously lying, however, if that isn't the case then they are just ignorant of Policy and/or Equipment. Now things do get straightened out but ONLY after ruining an evening or week-end arguing with some phone rep or taking time to return to the store ... It always has been a hassle after ANY transaction made with VERIZON in that store ... Yes, I agree that I should take my business else where but the spouse pays the bill and handles the problematic behaviour frrom VERIZON , SO, whats a person to do ? Proably just take it like everyone else does which is what the company banks on !!! Its a SHAME we as consumers can't STAND TOGETHER and BOYCOTT that company but that would inconvience folks so we continue to take their BS ..... Am i alone in this tirade or are others feeling the same ??????
Mount Holly, North Carolina

Verizon billing practices!!!

I was told I wasn't being deployed to Iraq in Jan 2005, so I bought me and my daughter(who lives in Oklahome) phones so we could communicate. I had the phone aprox 7 days when at the last min I was told that I WAS deploying in another 4 days. I called the company, told them what was going on and went to the office where I bought the phones and gave them a copy of my deployent orders. I also told them I wanted my daughters phone to remain on so I could call her when I got the chance while abroad. By the time I was able to contact my daughter, 2 months later, her phone was off. Long story short, she and my ex-wife found out that they had charged me $1700 for a 1 month bill and cut the phone off!!! My mother had power of attorney to take care of ALL my business while I was deployed. I asked her to find out what the deal was with the bill so I could pay it. They told her she couldn't find out any information on the account because she was not on the account. When I returned, I thought we had everything worked out and they charged it off. I'm STILL getting collection letters and they are STILL reporting it on my credit report to THIS DAY. They won't talk to me, instead they tell me to contact the collection agency... Such a freaking rip off!!!

You have to contact the Attorney General in your state as well as the Public Utilities Commission and the Federal Communications Commission and report this nonsense. I did. Got results.

Baxley, Georgia

Customer service is awful

Blackberry phone sucks. Painful dealing with replacement both times. Very poor overall experience would not recontract ever. The phone is aoor excuse for a smart phone and constantly key board messes up. This is the worst time with replacement of a phone ever. Sucks sucks sucks sucks. Blah blah blah 100 words are way too many than Verizon deserves credit for ha! But did I mention it was only 4 months before contract was up and they would not let me upgrade to an iPhone!!!!!! So ***. Could have had a customer for two more years, but their loss I guess.
Washington, District Of Columbia
Service
Verizon Wireless Replacement
Loss

Verizon left my daughter in Barcelona with no communication

My 17 year old daughter is taking a class trip to Barcelona. I called Verizon on three separate instances prior to her trip to ensure she is set up with international calling and is able to communicate with me. Each time I was assured there was no problem. After a few nervous hours beyond her scheduled time to call me, she contacted me by public telephone and told me her phone does not work. When I called Verizon, they said her phone does not have the captability to dial internationally. I thought that was why I called and spoke with the previous three nitwits. I made my way to a Verizon supervisor that confirmed there is nothing that can be done. She said they would send me the device and I could then in turn, at my cost forward to Barcelona. Now they want to bill for international calling. Do not use Verizon.
Syracuse, New York

Extremely Poor Customer Service

This afternoon I went to the Verizon Wireless store at The Coventry Mall in Pottstown, PA and that is where I got really bad customer service. I had mailed my March Verizon Wireless Bill in with an address change. April's bill was forwarded to me - no address change. I wanted someone at the Verizon Wireless store to tell me why I could not change my address via mail, when the bill had a place to change your address and I had completed the form. Instead I was passed on to 3 different sales associates. The 3rd sales associate said she could not help me just yet - wait. Then when I explained, she just said, I cannot find out why it did not work, you can call customer service or you can change your address on the computer over there and just pointed. I tried and the computer would not accept my password. I changed the password and the computer would not accept. Jane just stood there not doing anything. The manager finally came over and entered my information and changed my address. I told him Verizon Wireless had terrible customer service and I was going to turn off my cell phone. He did not say anything. When I returned to ask for his name, he just said, "I hope you have a nice day." I think they should have offered me something, apologized, talked to me about what upset me about their customer service so they could improve. I have been with them since 1992 and this is very poor customer service.

it sounds like you were just being a big baby to try to get your cell phone bill lowered.

Elkins Park, Pennsylvania

VERIZON 'S PEOPLE SKILLS SUCK

1-THEY HAVE PEOPLE CALL TO TO SELL YOU SERVICE? AFTER THAT YOU GO TO THE STORE TO CORRECT WHAT THEY SEND YOU KNOW ONE WHATS TO KNOW YOU ! THEY PUSH YOU A SIDE TO TAKE CARE OF THE PERSON BUYING NOW!!!! CALL THE CONSUMER LINE AND NO HELP ASK THEM TO GO TO THE RECORDING TO HEAR FOR THEM SELF THEY SAID NO WHY DO THEY RECORD US IT'S A ONE WAY STREET. I WAS TOLD ALOT ON THE ODER AND NONE WAS TRUE AND NO HELP > 2- THE MANAGER KEEP LEAVING ME TO HELP OTHER PEOPLE. THERE IS ALOT MORE

I wouldn't have helped you either because from the dumb way you type, I highly doubt anyone can understand you. this story should now be titled. "Sald1963 typing skills suck"

Piscataway Township, New Jersey

Manager at Verizon wireless called me a lier

Sales person made promises that he and the company could not back, just to get my daughter to change services. Promising that they could give her the same unlimited txt and data because we were grandfather in the plan. She would be saving money to switch. Once they talked us into spending money on phones to pad their pockets we were on our own. Only to discover many errors. phones shipped to wrong addressess and names. We were charged for a temporary line they said we wouldn't be. etc. When I questioned it the manager called me a lier
ID
#312088 Review #312088 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Rochester, Michigan